Cutting the cord options?

B

BULL MOOSE

We cut the cord once for about a year. We had sling, Netflix, wife got hbo, we have amazon prime....I..gave in and got cable back again and ditched the sling. The cable was just simpler to navigate.

All I need is Fox News 80% of the time. Sling now has an a la cart for many channels, but Fox News seems to be the issue. Any ideas?

casjoker

casjoker

Supporter
You about covered the usuals for cord cutting. I cut the cord 6 years ago and just do Netflix. I get all my news from the internet, Drudge, Fox, Daily Mail, Reuters, AP and a few others. Rather read about it than listen to some overpaid talking head that doesn't know their a$$ from their elbow. My guess is when you add up all your subscriptions plus internet bill you were about the same price as cable? I believe Dish owns Sling so they get their cut either way. Agreed to navigate none cable TV options can be tiresome.

duckduck84

duckduck84

We do Netflix, PLAYSTATION VUE for the cable channel fix, and Amazon prime. You can get Fox on the basic VUE package.

Sent from my LG-H820 using Tapatalk

TNRifleman

TNRifleman

We cut the cord about 5 years ago. Took all the money I was spending monthly and funneled it into an IRA. If I showed you the IRA balance after just 5 years, you wouldn’t need any more motivation for cutting the cord. We got Netflix 2 months ago and I honestly have not even watched anything on it yet but my kids love it.

C

Cache

Don't know much about it but Directv has DirectvNow that runs 35 a month.

M

mike243

Got 21 channels over the air,kept comcast internet cause hate dialup,now comcast has free cell coverage with limited data for net users so glad I kept it

Wildcat

Wildcat

Supporter
I can't cut the cord. It's the only way I can get Kentucky Basketball and I can't live without it.

Heck, when BB season is over I use Netflix more nights than I do Dish.

No pro ball here, zero.

P

poorhunter

If you're going to cut the cord, then just cut the cord and be done with it.

R

ronnycl

Xfinity 35.00 Hulu 35.00 month local channels plus fox and etc....cut the cord with att from 200 to 70 with hulu and xfinity together . Happy

F

FishnFed

BULL MOOSE":2cq8mwo3 said:
Bucket":2cq8mwo3 said:
Check YouTube tv. $35/month as well and in the Nashville area that includes the 4 major network broadcasts, Fox news and tons of sports channels. Unlimited dvr also. I'm strongly considering it after the first of the year.
https://tv.youtube.com/welcome/?gclid=C ... gQod0fIFZA

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Interesting....never even heard of it.

Great idea. Just not available in Knoxville.....like a college football coach.

REN

REN

PlayStation vue and Netflix for me. Playstation was the only one that got NBC, CBS and FOX in my area. Note you don’t need a PlayStation works on roku or others like that