Curious

Hduke86

@rem270 said you were not the brightest bulb in the room, and as of now I'm inclined to agree. If you like to wake boats in your fishing hole come fish with me. They follow me around like baby ducks. The stories I could tell. Nothing like getting back in your favorite creek ready for a day of fishing, relaxation, and peace and quiet, and here they come. 187 speakers blaring rap music and F bombs loud enough to wake the dead, then they try to turn your boat over with their wake. Never mind there's 100,000 acres of water out there.
If a wake boat gets where I fish they are going to need a new prop 🤣. I don't put it beyond some of the idiots though.

Chiflyguy

I'm curious as to how many of you decoy haters use livescope on your boats? 🤔
I was gonna ask why people are so down on turkey decoys but thanks @gasman.
I'll continue using decoys.
Honestly, half the crap people use I have no clue about.
Livescope? A scope you put on a fishin pole🤷🏼‍♂️

Gravey

@rem270 said you were not the brightest bulb in the room, and as of now I'm inclined to agree. If you like to wake boats in your fishing hole come fish with me. They follow me around like baby ducks. The stories I could tell. Nothing like getting back in your favorite creek ready for a day of fishing, relaxation, and peace and quiet, and here they come. 187 speakers blaring rap music and F bombs loud enough to wake the dead, then they try to turn your boat over with their wake. Never mind there's 100,000 acres of water out there.
They're back in that creek for the same reason you are. 😉 I can do without the blaring stereos with the F bombs though and I've had more than one fisherman come so close while we're anchored I could've climbed in their boat. I asked one if they wanted to tie up with us. 🤣

Gravey

I don't believe I've ever heard of a wake boat complaining about waves from a bass boat lol
I'm assuming you've never slalom ski'd doing a bunch of cuts back and forth? They want glass to do it and about the only time you can do it on the weekends is early morning and just before sundown. I say they because I don't do it. My wife mostly skis and I kneeboard and wakeboard although we do surf every now and then but use a little common sense when and where we do it. A little respect and common sense from all boaters foes a long ways. Neither one owns the lake but some from both sides think they do.

Last edited:

Spurhunter

They don't care where the fish are. They're back there for the peace and calmness of the water. I could easily say why don't the fisherman go somewhere else. It's a 2-way street. See post #27 above.
So you're really going to act like a fisherman trolling around fishing is the equivalent of a wake boat throwing a 3 foot wake with enough speakers to do a rap concert blaring F bombs you can hear on the water for a mile? Come on man. I don't care how close he gets to you while you're anchored. That guy fishing isn't bothering a thing.

Gravey

So you're really going to act like a fisherman trolling around fishing is the equivalent of a wake boat throwing a 3 foot wake with enough speakers to do a rap concert blaring F bombs you can hear on the water for a mile? Come on man. I don't care how close he gets to you while you're anchored. That guy fishing isn't bothering a thing.
I said above I didn't care for the blaring music with the vulgar language. Never said a trolling boat was the same as a big wake but yeah he has the whole freaking lake to fish just like I have the whole thing to do what we want to do so he doesn't need to troll within mere feet of my boat while we're anchored down. NEWSFLASH: The lake isn't just for fishing. I know some folks think it is but it's not. I grew up fishing with my grandad but these days when I'm on the water it's mostly recreation and I try to be respectful of everyone else. Again as I said before a little common sense and respect goes a long way.

Spurhunter

I said above I didn't care for the blaring music with the vulgar language. Never said a trolling boat was the same as a big wake but yeah he has the whole freaking lake to fish just like I have the whole thing to do what we want to do so he doesn't need to troll within mere feet of my boat while we're anchored down. NEWSFLASH: The lake isn't just for fishing. I know some folks think it is but it's not. I grew up fishing with my grandad but these days when I'm on the water it's mostly recreation and I try to be respectful of everyone else. Again as I said before a little common sense and respect goes a long way.
I have no doubts that you try to be respectful as possible, but in my experience with pleasure boaters, you are in the slim minority. As far as the guy trolling right by you, I'll tell a story that happened to me last summer. Maybe it applies. Maybe not. I found some fish in the mouth of a big creek at Sardis. I'm trolling maybe a 100 yard stretch. I have my waypoints and my route set up and my trolling motor is on "autopilot" taking me back and forth on this run. I've been doing this an hour or so when a ski boat comes blasting in, shuts down, and drops anchor. You guessed it. Right in the middle of my run. Obviously they had no way of knowing what I was doing, and I don't own the lake, so I moved on. But now I have to locate fish again and start over because they picked a spot to drop anchor around a bunch of crappie fishermen when there's 100,000 acres of water out there.

Spurhunter

NEWSFLASH: The lake isn't just for fishing. I know some folks think it is but it's not.
I agree. Most lakes are big enough for everyone. The problem is the pleasure boaters want to be right in the middle of the fishermen. Why do people go buy a wake boat, that's sole purpose is to make a 3 foot wake, then go back in the slickest water they can find and screw it up for everyone?

knightrider

I used to keep poles rigged up with 6 ounce weights just to zip at jet skiers and other idiots that would come between me and the bank, than one evening i caught my self pulling the hammer back on the old rusted up 357 that stayed in the boat, sold everything i owned to do with fishing or the lake including the boat and havent been back!!! Lack of respect and morons ruined the lake for everyone

Last edited:

Spurhunter

I used to keep poles rigged up with 6 ounce weights just to zip at jet skiers and other idiots that would come between me and the bank, than one evening i caught my self pulling the hammer back on the old rusted up 357 that stayed in the boat, sold everything i owned to do with fishing including the boat or the lake and havent been back!!! Lack of respect and morons ruined the lake for everyone
I can't tell you how many times I've sat there hoping I would hear a piston go through the block on a jet ski or ski boat.

Gravey

You do know he wasn't doing that to look at YOU don't you?
LOL
🤣 🤣 🤣
For sure and don't blame him for trying to sneak a peek. She's hot! 😍🤣

I agree. Most lakes are big enough for everyone. The problem is the pleasure boaters want to be right in the middle of the fishermen. Why do people go buy a wake boat, that's sole purpose is to make a 3 foot wake, then go back in the slickest water they can find and screw it up for everyone?
I don't care who goes where as long as everybody is respectful. We all know that's not gonna happen so we deal with it or pack up and go home. That goes for everybody on the lake. As for buying a wake boat and going to the slickest water it's so they can get a better surf wake. Deeper water is better from what I understand but more dangerous. I can't tell you how many times we've gone to open water to surf and some idiot come zooming by pretty dang close running wide open. Typically it's a fishing boat or wave runner. I had to wave a fishing boat off one time as they were coming up behind us and got within 30 yards of my wife and closing fast. They finally veered off and turned around but I was livid. These boats run a hair over 40 so I couldn't run them down but I damn sure wanted to. All that said I wanted a tritoon. 😆

Spurhunter

I don't care who goes where as long as everybody is respectful. We all know that's not gonna happen so we deal with it or pack up and go home. That goes for everybody on the lake. As for buying a wake boat and going to the slickest water it's so they can get a better surf wake. Deeper water is better from what I understand but more dangerous. I can't tell you how many times we've gone to open water to surf and some idiot come zooming by pretty dang close running wide open. Typically it's a fishing boat or wave runner. I had to wave a fishing boat off one time as they were coming up behind us and got within 30 yards of my wife and closing fast. They finally veered off and turned around but I was livid. These boats run a hair over 40 so I couldn't run them down but I damn sure wanted to. All that said I wanted a tritoon. 😆
I can't say I haven't had fishing boats come by me wide open and way too close. It happens. Sardis and Enid both have standing timber on the upper end of them, and by the time the pleasure boaters come out there's enough water to fish those areas so that's what I do. The ski boaters don't want anything to do with standing timber.

Latest posts