Cunzo wanting Raise/Extension

jos3ywales

Cunzo Martin asking for Contract Extension and a raise REALLY!!!! What has he done for that I don't think so if the UTAD gives it to him will be another bad move.

NICHOLS3

year 2 of 5 year contract back to back NITs, I dont get it. Next year should be his best year with the talent he will have but I dont see how he thinks he desereves one now with no more than he has accomplished to this point.

thetoolman

Sorry, but I can't see giving a contract extension after two straight one and done NIT bids and a 1-2 record in the SEC tourney. Not to mention you had two games this year you failed to score 40 points. Knowing our administration he will probably get it though, then we will owe a big buyout after next year.

Wrangler95

I'm against any pay raise for sure,I dont think he is a very good coach.I would like to see Bruce Pearl back but that wont happen!

jos3ywales

Wrangler95 said:
I'm against any pay raise for sure,I dont think he is a very good coach.I would like to see Bruce Pearl back but that wont happen!

Ditto on that but like u said it will never happen

RatherBeHuntin

Pearl won't be back. I would bet my life savings on it if I had any. As far as Martin, I think he has done a decent job with what he has, but no way he deserves a raise. Next year will be his make it or break it year unless Stokes and McRae get some Scotty Hopson advice and declare for the NBA.

wayne

Cunzo picked a bad time to ask for a raise/extension with Ben Howland(UCLA) looking for a job.

jos3ywales

I have nothing against Conzo I just don't think he has what it takes to take it to next level. I would love to see Pearl back (It wont happen) but if he came back and he does want to he still lives here in knoxville says he is a #VFL all the time talks to the players as does Tony. He did every thing but say out right he would take the job if they offered it back to him on his sons radio show. Ii think the fan base would jump right back in with him because with Pearl UT has had a better BB program than in the history of UTBB. With that being said what he did his violation was just a minor Violation but he lied to protect his players and asst coaches. There is alot more dirty stuff than that going on in the College game everywhere. You better believe one thing, if the same thing would have happened at Duke, Florida, UK, or NC the penalty would not have been the same. Still yes Pearl was in the wrong for what he did but yes I would forgive him and happily welcome him back for what he brought to UT and the Fanbase. His enthusiasm and love for the game and his players was great for bringing back UT after years of Mediocre BUZZ BALL. If Cunzo can take us to the Tourny next year then I will be happy for him if not its time for him to go. Then the rumors can fly

Latest posts