Cricut machine?

B

biglefty20

Prob not the best place to ask advice about this but I’ll try. Does anyone know anything about the models of the cricut machines? What is best?

My wife has been wanting one and I’m sure she will use it a few times and be done lol..any input is appreciated as I don’t know much about them

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dbllunger

Dbllunger

Supporter
I don't even know what that is. I even googled it and still don't understand.

U

Urban_Hunter

My wife does vinyl and she makes all kinds of stuff. All I remember is she did not want the cricut or whatever because you had to use their brand of vinyl or something like that and it was a LOT more expensive. It may have been you had to buy their fonts? I can't remember, but she went with the Silhouette instead. May look into it. That was a couple years back, maybe things have changed?

R

rhyned

Urban Hunter is right. Silhouette would probably be the way to go. My wife has one as well. As a man, I can appreciate just about any good piece of machinery. They're impressive. If I'm not mistaken, the cricut is old technology. I have picked up a few things watching her work on vinyl.

D

Deck78

I have a cricut in the box from 3 years ago. wouldn't let me wife open it, she got it as a gift, because I read the materials were so expensive for the machine I was scared of what damage was to come to our bankaccount!

duckduck84

duckduck84

I thought none of y'all could spell circuit. I thought this was about workout equipment. I'm an idiot...

Sent from my LG-H820 using Tapatalk

Grandslam11

Grandslam11

I have a silhouette sitting here in my floor about to be wrapped. I did a lot of research and asked everyone I knew in trying to decide whether to go with the cricut or silhouette. I ended up ordering the silhouette. From what i gather, with the cricut you have to be online to use, with the silhouette, you don't. The silhouette you can custom design your own, or download designs if you want. I think at one time with the cricut you had to buy each additional font/print but that has changed. I believe the silhouette can print a larger area. All I know is that it all cost $$$. I bought a sewing machine 3 years ago and I don't know that its ever been used. Everyone that had the silhouette said they loved it. A few cricut owners said they'd probably switch if they had it to do over. Hope that helps.

JeepKuntry

JeepKuntry

My wife has the original, and put the new one on her Christmas list. She hasn't used the old one in over 3 years. Needless to say she won't find that under the tree.

RUGER

RUGER

Supporter
My sons girlfriend is getting one for Christmas.
I thought it was cricket. Lol

Sent from my LGL52VL using Tapatalk

W

wayne

RUGER":1wa47tgm said:
My sons girlfriend is getting one for Christmas.
I thought it was cricket. Lol

Sent from my LGL52VL using Tapatalk
Cricut is pronounced as "cricket"

Sent from my QTASUN1 using Tapatalk

lightsareout

lightsareout

my wife wants the $400 one, guess thats the one to go with according to everyone.

Gravey

Gravey

Supporter
duckduck84":20my4pv5 said:
I thought none of y'all could spell circuit. I thought this was about workout equipment. I'm an idiot...

Sent from my LG-H820 using Tapatalk

I thought they couldn’t spell cricket. :D