Crappie baits

JBell

I like the Jenko little mermaid. It's where I start 75% of the time. That tight lining and live scope. I've had luck early spring with the freaky franks worm too

Redfox

I'm not much on Bobby Garlands but I use a pile of crappie magnets in a year. I use hair jigs a lot also. The old souther pro tube jigs still catch me a bunch of fish.

Trnr

I'm with C.T. on live minnows. Even though I'm almost 40 my favorite way to fish is minnows, small float, and light wire Aberdeen hooks. Do I catch the MOST crappie on the River or lake? No. But I have the most fun/relaxation with a few floats bobbing on the surface.

WTM

ive been casting to them for about 10 years along with long longlining jigs in early spring.

mostly have switched to z-man shad tails in cold water with an assortment of swim type bodies. around spawn time i switch to something more buggy like a popeye jig or black grub tipped with a gulp waxie or a live waxie. there is something about a waxie that just pisses them off around that time. i use a lot of arkie turbo heads for casting, cheaper than charlie brewer slider heads, and open hook heads for long lining.

RUGER

2-Step Enabled
I'm with C.T. on live minnows. Even though I'm almost 40 my favorite way to fish is minnows, small float, and light wire Aberdeen hooks. Do I catch the MOST crappie on the River or lake? No. But I have the most fun/relaxation with a few floats bobbing on the surface.
Absolutely awesome way for sure.

Latest posts