Craftsman tools

RUGER

RUGER

Supporter
Just thought I would pass on a little tidbit that I learned the other day, well yesterday actually.

I was looking for a Christmas gift online the other day and this particular item was in the $175 to $200 range everywhere I found it online and higher than that at any place I could lay hands on it.
Just as a fluke I thought, what the heck I will check ebay.
Took me a few hours to get logged in as I hadn't been on there in a couple years and had no clue what my password & name was.

Anyway, sure enough I found the exact item on ebay.
Brand new, never used, for $60.00

I was VERY skeptical but going through ebay and paying for it with paypal I figured that SHOULD cover me if it was a scam or whatever and I might could get my money back.
It came yesterday and it was just as it should have been, exactly what I wanted.
After unpacking it I happened to notice the shipping label inside the box had my name and address on it and it also had Sears on it. I was rather confused as the brand I bought wasn't actually Craftsman but was carried by Sears. I can't go into details as the person I bought it for might be on here.

Anyway, as it appears when they closed down some of the Sears stores they sent all the tools to a different location and are selling them off for pennies on the dollar through ebay.

Just a thought, I know most people use Amazon these days and they might have the same stuff, I dunno.
Might check ebay before you commit though.

Grandslam11

Grandslam11

Mind sharing or pming a link or what you got through EBAY? I am needing to upgrade my toolbox

RUGER

RUGER

Supporter
Grandslam11":29g6wfuo said:
Mind sharing or pming a link or what you got through EBAY? I am needing to upgrade my toolbox

PM sent.

F

farmin68

Some of the new in box almost too good to be true deals on eBay are inventory that's been stolen from retailers and wholesalers.

pressfit

pressfit

I replaced some broken - lost craftsmen tools not long ago from eBay.. the sockets were craftsman.. the universal joint said craftsmen.. but it was a cheap Chinese copy.. that had craftsmen on it..

huntinkev

huntinkev

pressfit":3kticc04 said:
I replaced some broken - lost craftsmen tools not long ago from eBay.. the sockets were craftsman.. the universal joint said craftsmen.. but it was a cheap Chinese copy.. that had craftsmen on it..

does craftsman still replace all hand tools if broken? I used to take back sockets pretty regular that were stripped and they would replace it with no questions, same with ratchets. I've got a 1/4" ratchet that is wore out and I wondered if they still exchange them.

pressfit

pressfit

huntinkev":squiu4jy said:
pressfit":squiu4jy said:

does craftsman still replace all hand tools if broken? I used to take back sockets pretty regular that were stripped and they would replace it with no questions, same with ratchets. I've got a 1/4" ratchet that is wore out and I wondered if they still exchange them.
Yes, they still replace them.. it was just cheaper for me to order a new one than drive to the nearest sears

huntinkev

huntinkev

pressfit":3c52p3c1 said:
huntinkev":3c52p3c1 said:
pressfit":3c52p3c1 said:

Yes, they still replace them.. it was just cheaper for me to order a new one than drive to the nearest sears

I may take mine to exchange, I noticed Ace Hardware carries craftsman now. I think I will see if they will exchange it.

LanceS4803

LanceS4803

I bought a LOT of craftsman wrenches when our local store went out of business. Literally less than 10% of original price. Would go back every week or so.
I still have this picture. I think it was about $20.