Coyotes skins!

ROVERBOY

Well, I think you can sell them but, they need to be good and thick, and the last time I heard they still didn't bring good money. We live in a bad part of the Country for fur sales. Some of the Western states do well. Sad what's happened to the fur market.

CATCHDAWG

No, hasn't been for many years. Not just coyotes but any kind of pelt is pretty much worthless nowadays. I remember back in the day when I made dang good money trapping and selling pelts and ginseng. Those days are long gone, it's no longer politically correct to wear fur and the market reflects that. :(

Trapper

Not a whole lot of value to them right now . The last sale that FHA had they only moved about 20%of western coyotes they had , but there wasn't any buyer's from other countries there they had brokers there from Canada there to buy for them but with the amount of money they spend they really want to see the product their self . Hopefully it will improve in a few year but I don't see it . I talked to a buyer out of Illinois the other day and he told me they was down 20% from last year. So that means you might get 10 to 15 dollars a piece and that is a finish product and a perfect Tennessee coyote.

scn

Coyote fur is great for tying a bunch of different fishing flies. I work for probably the largest fly shop in the state, and one of the largest in the southeast. I talked to my boss this week, and we would have interest in buying some GOOD skinned out tails that have been salted/boraxxed.

Jim is also interested in some good skins that have been tanned where we can cut the body fur into pieces for sale.

If anyone has any interest in either, shoot me a PM and we can talk price and shipping arrangements.

Thanks, Steve

rukiddin

In NC, it's legal to sell them alive. Say what you want about negatives but facts are there are guys all over trapping coyotes and every big deer club has coyotes being trapped. $75-$100/yote, is very good incentive. No incentive=not much trapping going on.

X-Tennessean

In NC, it's legal to sell them alive. Say what you want about negatives but facts are there are guys all over trapping coyotes and every big deer club has coyotes being trapped. $75-$100/yote, is very good incentive. No incentive=not much trapping going on.
Same here in Missouri. I have a friend who traps and sells live dogs. Like you said $75 range, there are several folks around who use them to train dogs for running coyotes.

rukiddin

Same here in Missouri. I have a friend who traps and sells live dogs. Like you said $75 range, there are several folks around who use them to train dogs for running coyotes.
Yep. There are several fox "pens" all over NC. From 100 acre "puppy pens" for starting young dogs, to 1000+ acres. Big money in fox hounds and those guys rather run coyotes than foxes. Plus, all the deer dog guys use those pens in the summer to keep there dogs in shape by running coyotes in the off season