coyote hunting?

CountryBoy053

Are there and good public land places to do a coyote hunt? Always wanted to hunt them. Buy never had the resources to do so. I I fohnd property there were no coyotes ever spotted around. Or could never get permission to hunt the land.
Was just thinking it would be neat to learnhow to hunt and call them in

BlountArrow

Foothills WMA, go up Montvale Rd and you're there. Its wooded so it aint like there's open fields everywhere like on TV, but I'll bet you could have some great success there. I've had a few successes and failures in the same general area.

BlountArrow

It's way big. I probably wouldn't be keen on deer hunting there...too much work for little chance of reward. And, man, if you did kill one you're probably in for the drag if a lifetime. I know a guy on here that killed a nice 7 pointer by any East TN standards and spent 4 hrs dragging it out. I guess I'd go prepared to pack one out if I hunted up there. No ATVs allowed.

DaveB

Find your country garbage dump on a map and then find someone who owns adjacent property. Write them a letter/phone/visit and see what happens. Heres a link you can use if the county you want to look at is one that participates. If you have never called one in, get a call and start praticing. As I have said before most coyotes will come to a call and if you are camo'd up and careful, you'll kill a bunch. Just don't miss. They will hang up way out from that point on.

http://tnmap.tn.gov/Assessment/

TheRealSpurhunter

AEDC is loaded with them, problem is you have to get in on a draw hunt to use firearms, Shotgun or BP), but they have open archery hunts if you have a bow or crossbow. Also most weekends during turkey season are open. Just a thought.

redblood

TheRealSpurhunter said:
AEDC is loaded with them, problem is you have to get in on a draw hunt to use firearms, Shotgun or BP), but they have open archery hunts if you have a bow or crossbow. Also most weekends during turkey season are open. Just a thought.

yep, the regulations at AEDC make it hard to hunt anything except deer or turkeys. you can even hunt squirrels with a 22 there.

Latest posts