Coyote hunting question

Kevin B.

Hey Y'all. I'm getting a terrible itch to hit the fields with my Fox Pro. Would this time of year be productive? Are there any of y'all hunting right now?

bobthebowhunter

I'm going tomorrow night. A buddy of mine had two get after his dog in broad day light Saturday, and he's asked me to come try to kill a few.

I'm going try challenge howls and pup distress calls. I would think that since the females have had their litters (or dang close) they will be very territorial. That's just what I'm gonna try, but I'm no expert.

JDP

Don't forget to try the fawn sounds too. It's getting close to the fawn drop!! Just what I've heard, no expert here either!

Elite Mafia

The best in my opinion! Get on a farm where they are starting to cut and even the most call shy coyote on the planet can't resist an easy meal! Some say its not ethical because the coats are less than desireable (to say the least) this time of year in these parts of the country. I kill 'em for farmers anyways not the pelts! I've gotten a few that had the mange really bad already...felt like I put the poor fellers out of their misery plus saved a few calfs, turkey, fawns, etc.

MRUTVOL

bobthebowhunter said:
I'm going tomorrow night. A buddy of mine had two get after his dog in broad day light Saturday, and he's asked me to come try to kill a few.

I'm going try challenge howls and pup distress calls. I would think that since the females have had their litters (or dang close) they will be very territorial. That's just what I'm gonna try, but I'm no expert.

Not sure what you mean by night but do not forget it is illegal to hunt after dark. As far as I am concerned this time until fall is the best time if you can stand the heat and bugs! :eek:

bobthebowhunter

MRUTVOL said:
bobthebowhunter said:

Not sure what you mean by night but do not forget it is illegal to hunt after dark. As far as I am concerned this time until fall is the best time if you can stand the heat and bugs! :eek:

I just meant evening hunt. Didn't see anything that evening. But yes the ticks and skeeters were BAD.

Latest posts