Coyote contest...

Yotehntr

I'm putting on a little end of March coyote hunting contest if any one is interested... Check it out! Click Here

The prize... one of my hand made calls, it's a walnut barrel with a paw print carved in. Followed with one of my o-ring fitted antler toneboards.

Paw-3_zps99c6e4cc.jpg

pawa-2_zps4e158c7f.jpg

Paw-2_zpsccedfbb3.jpg

Yotehntr

LOL I actually did think about that when I was posting up the contest PH... You're on a streak though... hope you tear 'em up this weekend bud!

Plateau Hunter

Ok Brad I will post over here too. Ok, ol man scores this evening @ 6:45!! Just got some new land to hunt and thought I would check it out this evening. Found a nice looking little place in some mostly thick stuff and figured he would come down this little trail and hop on or over the log laying across it. I was running the wildfire with coyote pup distress and the Foxjack was twirling. Conditions were clear blue sky just as sun going down with light NNW winds about 38* and my kill zone was cross wind from me. Glanced away a bit and looked back...d.....mn he was standing on the log looking at the decoy. He saw me put my head down behind the scope but couldn't out run the Sierra. He was only about 35 yards away but as it was pretty thick and I picked what looked like a good kill zone. He is a big reddish alpha male-broad head and some of the biggest fangs I have seen on a coyote. Now let me get in this contest for Brad's beautiful call!

photo_zps2aef1063.jpg

photo_zpsb0fd8783.jpg

Yotehntr

Had such a good time watching folk wearing out the coyotes I'm having another contest! I'll have another call put together for the prize in a week or 2!

Yotehntr

Thanks! I just finished making the call that will be the prize for the April contest...

The barrel is Bocote with a snakewood bead. I followed that with an o-ring fitted snakewood toneboard. Both pieces have my high gloss CA finish... here it is!

4-3-13-1_zpse955ccf8.jpg

4-3-13-3_zps4e127b06.jpg

4-3-13-2_zps95b04e64.jpg