Coyote call sequence

Chief44

I've had a fox pro call laying around a few years collecting dust. Decided it's finally time to get it out and try to kill a few. This is all new to me. Can anyone give me some advice on a call sequence they use with success. And how long and loud to play each call. Thanks in advance.

I start with a short, loud blast of a sound. Siren, howl etc. to get their ears up. My go to calls are rabbit distress or coyote pup distress. I do it for five minutes or so and vary the volume. Then wait, if nothing shows after 10 minutes, repeat the distress or switch to different sound, and vary volume again. If they can hear it, they will come look. You can use use mating calls this time of year, also.

rtaylor

I've been really liking the juvenile coon in distress. Half the time it calls in coons and the other half it calls in coyotes. On my call I usually start at 40% volume and work my way up to about 60ish over a period of 15 minutes. Here in a few weeks I'll go mostly coyote vocals during the coyote rut.

WTNBowHunter

My buddy and i went this morning and he downloaded some new sounds on his foxpro but we didn't have any luck. We were puzzled…saw plenty of dog turds/tracks walking in and went to the spot where i saw the coyotes & bobcats all during deer season. Great wind and everything just wasn't our morning. Some of the new rabbit in distress sounds were good and there was a rabbit in distress with crow mix that sounded realistic. Also a new dog fighting sound that we tried at the end to test it out, all that we used sounded realistic.

Wrangler95

What model did you get?

I bought the entry level Patriot,sounds real good>I downloaded some free sounds this afternoon and looked at the list you can purchase.I think I saw three that I would like to purchase.Could you give your opinion on some of the sounds that you would buy,some you have had good luck with?I have a external speaker that came with my old Johnny Stewart call that sounds great that I'm gonna use with the Foxpro!

Team Yuma

Anyone try any of these? Or, can anyone compare them to something they tried and worked? I downloaded these to try out on my DIY caller, but my place is small so I have to be selective on what I try so I don't spook them and make them caller shy.

Hunter Submitted Mixes

I hunted on Sunday for about 3 hours. I know there are coyotes on the property, but didn't have any luck. Tried everything, but I am sticking with Yote sounds and rabbit distresses.

Harold Money jr

The vast majority of coyotes I've killed have came on Johnny Stewart coyote pup in distress after trying a bird or rodent sound for 15 minutes, then cottontail or jackrabbit, for 15 minutes more, then take the safety off for pup in distress they'll be here in a few minutes. Interestingly the fox pro sounds haven't worked nearly as good as the Stewart calls for me but, I still use the foxpro most.

Wrangler95

I just purchased a FoxPro caller and the Johnny Stewart caller I have sounds as good as the FoxPro.The reason I bought the FoxPro is no cable running from transmitter to speaker.The Johnny Stewart has a long cable running to speaker!

Slim coyote

foxpro x24 is my favorite caller. We killed 9 dogs and a cat this past Saturday

Attachments

• 71205.jpeg
    71205.jpeg
    129.2 KB · Views: 109

Latest posts