Cowhunter71 or Setterman?

AT Hiker

[emoji23]

Jk, but we all know someone that fits this bill.

54a00c39ba8851e0f933516646249457.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

REN

I always compare it to rotary phones vs cell phones. Both work just fine, both make and receive calls but one gives you some bonus features as well as is more efficient however that comes at a cost to the user in $. Some feel the cost isnt worth the upgrade and some do. Neither is wrong in their thinking if what they are using it for is getting the job done.

Southern Sportsman

I genuinely enjoy hand loading. If I didn't do that, I would be happy shooting lead in a 12 gauge. But tungsten opens up a world of possibilities for smaller guns.

Setterman

I'm old school lead shot guy. None of the birds I kill each year seem to question the effectiveness of what i shoot

TSS is amazing and I've got no qualms with its performance. Hate the long range hunters but the load is deadly. Someday I'll convert but for now I'm good

catman529

Setterman":3dehczjq said:
I'm old school lead shot guy. None of the birds I kill each year seem to question the effectiveness of what i shoot

TSS is amazing and I've got no qualms with its performance. Hate the long range hunters but the load is deadly. Someday I'll convert but for now I'm good
I'm in the same boat, except I can't shoot straight so I refuse to spend the money to waste tungsten shells until I learn to shoot turkeys better

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Bgoodman30

catman529":3c1mi6mx said:
Setterman":3c1mi6mx said:

I'm in the same boat, except I can't shoot straight so I refuse to spend the money to waste tungsten shells until I learn to shoot turkeys better

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

My problem as well I think I shot $120 dollars in TSS last season :oops:

cowhunter71

AT Hiker":2uw1m7oz said:
[emoji23]

Jk, but we all know someone that fits this bill.

54a00c39ba8851e0f933516646249457.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Tss is nothing more than an excuse to fuel those who are not good enough to call Gobblers within 35/40 of the gun. I hunt a 12 and a 410, at times. Walmart Winchester, black or old reds, lead 3in. #6's in my 12. Old school Federal 3in. 6's and 7.5's in my 410. Still have 8 tss #9 handloads we made a couple years back. Devastating pattern at 30 steps, but unneeded in my opinion. Still have yet to load one in my gun while hunting. Real particular about where I hunt this gun. Reserved for certain "kill spots" in special places, all within 25 steps. Killed a Gobbler clean at 23 steps Friday morning with my old 7.5's in just such a spot. :D

Latest posts