• Help Support TNDeer:

Covid Story- geez

Pic IN the Casa

So a girl I go to church with got C19 about four weeks ago. Slight fever and aches for a few days.
Side note- she's probably considered obese, although not morbidly.

Monday, her leg started swelling. Went to the doctor and discovered she has a blood clot. Dr told her the clot was caused by covid. She asked how and her reply was 'what else would it be from.

Seriously!! The girl is fat and 40. That's the best explanation the Dr has???

Primary

Primary

TNDeer Assistant
Here are some related products that TNDeer members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TNDeer’s partner,Primary, where you can find links to TNDeer discussions about these products.

DeerCamp

Supporter
So a girl I go to church with got C19 about four weeks ago. Slight fever and aches for a few days.

Monday, her leg started swelling. Went to the doctor and discovered she has a blood clot. Dr told her the clot was caused by covid. She asked how and her reply was 'what else would it be from.

If you would take the time to listen to some physicians treating the disease, they will tell you that blood clots are likely the #1 complication for otherwise healthy people.

Seriously - almost every major hospital is now recommending people take a baby aspirin for 60 days post recovery to mitigate the blood clotting complications.

Current research thinks it due to an autoimmune antibody triggered by SAR-COV-2 that ends up attacking red cells, causing agglutination.

Snake

Supporter
Honestly I realize this stuff exists by sad testimonials but we just about all have to agree its totally exaggerated. By all means though anyone who has had it or anyone who has lost a loved one or friend please don't think I'm not passionate enough to realize its effected your life much more so than others who haven't been touched by this dreaded virus . And my heart and prayers goes out to those whose life has been forever effected by it .

megalomaniac

Yup, that is exactly Covid to a tee....

And the virus makes some people so hypercoaguable they even get clots WHILE ON BLOOD THINNERS!

When I had it a couple weeks ago, I took an aspirin for that exact reason... and refused to sit still and kept my legs moving as much as possible except for when I was sleeping.

sll

Buried a good friend of mine age 48 the week after Christmas. He had a massive stroke while remodeling a house. I was at the cardiologist the day after he died having an EKG after a heart ablation a week before. I told him what had happened to my friend and he asked if he had happened to be diagnosed with COVID recently. I said "As a matter of fact he was in the hospital with it for 6 days about 7 weeks ago". He then said "I am not saying that is what caused his stroke but we are seeing a lot of blood-clotting issues weeks/months after someone is diagnosed with it".

Was at his funeral a few days later and told his brother what the doctor had told me and he then say it was very possible the cause because the embalmer at the funeral home said in 50 years of doing that he had never seen blood being pushed out that clotted on a corpse before.

Since then I have told anyone I know that has it or someone in the family to make sure they take aspirin daily if they are not on a blood thinner already. It is a real issue after the fact.

redblood

Dr. John Frist is a long term client of ours. He picked up his last pup in April, right when Covid was on every channel. He showed up a mask and asked that i keep my distance. He was very cautious off it due to his age. He said he advises that everyone take an aspirin each day, not because of heart attacks, but due to strokes in young people that have had covid. His 1st cousin, also a client, is Dr. Bill Frist

redblood

If you would take the time to listen to some physicians treating the disease, they will tell you that blood clots are likely the #1 complication for otherwise healthy people.

Seriously - almost every major hospital is now recommending people take a baby aspirin for 60 days post recovery to mitigate the blood clotting complications.

Current research thinks it due to an autoimmune antibody triggered by SAR-COV-2 that ends up attacking red cells, causing agglutination.
When in doubt, its always a good idea to listen to the professionals.

redblood

Buried a good friend of mine age 48 the week after Christmas. He had a massive stroke while remodeling a house. I was at the cardiologist the day after he died having an EKG after a heart ablation a week before. I told him what had happened to my friend and he asked if he had happened to be diagnosed with COVID recently. I said "As a matter of fact he was in the hospital with it for 6 days about 7 weeks ago". He then said "I am not saying that is what caused his stroke but we are seeing a lot of blood-clotting issues weeks/months after someone is diagnosed with it".

Was at his funeral a few days later and told his brother what the doctor had told me and he then say it was very possible the cause because the embalmer at the funeral home said in 50 years of doing that he had never seen blood being pushed out that clotted on a corpse before.

Since then I have told anyone I know that has it or someone in the family to make sure they take aspirin daily if they are not on a blood thinner already. It is a real issue after the fact.
Sorry to hear about your friend. I also read that some people have a clotting issue from birth that “activates” after a bout from covid. Making some people a literal ticking time bomb

DeerCamp

Supporter
Yup, that is exactly Covid to a tee....

And the virus makes some people so hypercoaguable they even get clots WHILE ON BLOOD THINNERS!

When I had it a couple weeks ago, I took an aspirin for that exact reason... and refused to sit still and kept my legs moving as much as possible except for when I was sleeping.
The good news too is that aspirin appears to have some inhibitory activity on the cellular binding sites for COVID.

Glad you recovered!

Andy S.

He then said "I am not saying that is what caused his stroke but we are seeing a lot of blood-clotting issues weeks/months after someone is diagnosed with it".
Actually blood clots from covid19 are very common. More than likely it is the source.
Yes indeed. I have a best friend on the front lines of "COVID H*LL" as he calls it and we have talked about blood clots, strokes, etc with SARS-CoV-2 (COVID-19) patients. He has seen enough of it over the last 10 months to know.

His exact words to me "The inflammatory response is usually what gets you. Whether it's from strokes, blood clots or ARDS. It's not the infection, it's the body's heightened and exacerbated response that overwhelms patients."

Zulu

My father has been in the hospital since Tuesday with Covid. Yesterday they started giving him shots to prevent blood clots, telling him that it was one of the most common complications from the disease. I don't think it's unreasonable to assume that's the likely cause of the OP's friend's casue as well.

7mm08

Dang!!! Then I must have had Covid 15 years ago and bad!! I had to have surgery in the middle of the night to keep it from going to my lungs, heart, or brain......,,,,
Dang Covid! Who knew!

maybe yes, maybe no

Factor V Leiden
obesity
Venous insufficiency
Prolonged immobility( airplane travel)
Extreme dehydration
Pregnancy
Estrogen/ birth control pills( along with smoking
Atrial Fib

but what do I know.......... just an old retired guy

Last edited:

redblood

Yes indeed. I have a best friend on the front lines of "COVID H*LL" as he calls it and we have talked about blood clots, strokes, etc with SARS-CoV-2 (COVID-19) patients. He has seen enough of it over the last 10 months to know.

His exact words to me "The inflammatory response is usually what gets you. Whether it's from strokes, blood clots or ARDS. It's not the infection, it's the body's heightened and exacerbated response that overwhelms patients.

redblood

And it seems that older people have a more severe response to the disease. Almost like how some people respond to poison ivy vs others.