• Help Support TNDeer:

Covid-19 Relief Act in 2021?

MUP

Supporter
Does anyone know if the employer re-imbursement plan has been continued into 2021? We've been told that if we have to quarantine now that we will not be reimbursed for any quarantined time off now. ?

Primary

Primary

TNDeer Assistant
Here are some related products that TNDeer members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TNDeer’s partner,Primary, where you can find links to TNDeer discussions about these products.

deerfever

We were told it ended December 31, 2020, I looked up a quick summary of the new Covid relief package and it looks like that part was not extended. I could be wrong and it would not be the first time.

MUP

Supporter
Our company partook of it in 2020, and paid anyone who was forced to quarantine that year, but we were told last week that the govt hasn't extended the program thus far in 2021. This would be my luck for sure, have to quarantine now, and not be paid for it.

timberjack86

Our company partook of it in 2020, and paid anyone who was forced to quarantine that year, but we were told last week that the govt hasn't extended the program thus far in 2021. This would be my luck for sure, have to quarantine now, and not be paid for it.
Hopefully your company will pay you for it mup

hillbillyfab

Anyone know if there is a way to tell if an employer is/was participating in the relief act? I know a couple people that got contacted traced three times last fall due to co-workers, and received nothing. They were told that their employer's didn't participate in the relief program. Just wondering if there was a way to verify that.

slabhead

As we understand it is not mandatory for companies to continue offering this to their employees after 12/31/2020. However, the government will continue to reimburse companies that choose to continue offering this to their employees, through March 31, 2021. We will continue as usual through 3/31/2021. The 80 hours of sick leave will not start over...meaning if an employee has used all 80 hours, they are no longer eligible.

jlanecr500

Supporter
The mandatory 10 day pay was removed before the plan was extended. Democrats wanted it pulled and Republicans caved because the employer tax rebate remained. Now, the employer does NOT have to pay you but will be reimbursed with tax rebates equal to your pay if they do.

Sounds like employers of 51 to 500 employees are shooting themselves in the foot by not paying.

MUP

Supporter
I figure Biden will take up the slack, and pay for it now. o_O

BTW, I am NOT sick, just wondering how the system is operating now, just in case I do get sick. ;)

SES

As we understand it is not mandatory for companies to continue offering this to their employees after 12/31/2020. However, the government will continue to reimburse companies that choose to continue offering this to their employees, through March 31, 2021. We will continue as usual through 3/31/2021. The 80 hours of sick leave will not start over...meaning if an employee has used all 80 hours, they are no longer eligible.
I work for the government and they aren’t offering us jack. It was pretty funny to see how many people “caught” it the last two weeks of December. I was told on a telecom that being paid wasn’t going to be an option going forward.

Latest posts