County fair rides. Are they safe

PalsPal

Wow!

You wonder how long it had been out of control. Obviously long enough for the lady to start recording, and when the video begins, you hear the guy yell "Take Cover"! He was expecting it to turn loose at any minute.

I would like to have seen more footage to see how many people were on the ride, etc.

PalsPal

I would like to have seen more footage to see how many people were on the ride, etc.

Another angle and more footage. If the other side was full, it looks like 20 people.

And this is from July of this year.

Hduke86

I don’t have to worry about carnival rides or any amusement park. I’m the one sitting on the wall people watching and holding purses cause I get motion sickness at the drop of a hat. It’s so bad that even when I get stopped at a train crossing that I can’t even watch the train go by or I’ll be sick. It’s a curse cause I love deep sea fishing but get sick no matter what. People that know me call me Captain Chum’er cause I’ll get the waters chummed.

Urban_Hunter

We went Thursday, Friday, and Saturday for the race, the monster trucks, and the demo derby. I Only went into the “fair” on Saturday and the crowd was huge, but wife and kids went riding rides on Thursday. Lines at all the rides. Robertson county puts on a great fair IMO.

As for the rides, there’s risks with anything, but major accidents are extremely rare. My kids rode most of the rides Thursday when you could get an armband

Laserman1

Supporter
Six flags used to have a ride called the black hole. A cylinder that held about 15 people, spun around and then the bottom dropped about 2 feet and you were penned to the sides. Me and a chili dog ruined 15 people’s clothes the last time I rode it as a kid. Get dizzy now even thinking about it.

redblood

Supporter
Im going to six flags this weekend. Never been . Wishing i hadnt clicked on this post . I LOVE rides at the fair. Usually laughing hysterically cause hearing people screaming in fear for some reason gets me every time
Then you dont want to google six flags claims another victim!

Latest posts