County fair rides. Are they safe

DeerCamp

Supporter
Ole
I'd say they were at least MORE safe back 60-70 years ago when they were first made, but now after all those years, and the same rides are still around, not so much.
Ole Rusty don't turn like she used to.

Carlos

What surprised me was how nothing was disinfected on any of the rides. Thats got to be spreading the virus.

Pic IN the Casa

My son was at the Robertson Co fair this past saturday and he and his GF were on a ride called the dropper. The ride was over and coming down when they heard a metallic metal breaking noise.. metal rods and bolts hit the ground. Luckily they were about 20 ft off the ground but it still came down hard. They got off the ride and the carny acted like nothing happened. I NEVER get on rides. If I cant control the speed or brakes in not getting on it!
How were the crowds this year?
Luckily my kids have outgrown them.
As for your question, everybody's reply is my answer. Never seen a mishap but never want to try my luck again.

CritterGitter

Im going to six flags this weekend. Never been . Wishing i hadnt clicked on this post . I LOVE rides at the fair. Usually laughing hysterically cause hearing people screaming in fear for some reason gets me every time

Safari Hunt

I was raised on a dairy farm in central Ohio. When we would show cattle at the the Ohio State Fair and a few county fairs, I watched them put together the rides in fast time. Never trusted them. Supposed to be inspected but how thorough was the inspection?

Rakkin6

Not going to lie I love carnival rides especially the tilt a whirl. Love getting my wife in this thing and whipping it around.

Attachments

You don't have permission to view attachments. Attachments are hidden.

WTM

Supporter
Im going to six flags this weekend. Never been . Wishing i hadnt clicked on this post . I LOVE rides at the fair. Usually laughing hysterically cause hearing people screaming in fear for some reason gets me every time
we went to the one in louisville years ago. the week after we left some kid fell out of the superman and died and the vampire got hung upside down at the top of the loop and they had to bring in a cherry picker to get the people off the ride.

CritterGitter

we went to the one in louisville years ago. the week after we left some kid fell out of the superman and died and the vampire got hung upside down at the top of the loop and they had to bring in a cherry picker to get the people off the ride.
Geez thats terrible!

redblood

Supporter
My son was at the Robertson Co fair this past saturday and he and his GF were on a ride called the dropper. The ride was over and coming down when they heard a metallic metal breaking noise.. metal rods and bolts hit the ground. Luckily they were about 20 ft off the ground but it still came down hard. They got off the ride and the carny acted like nothing happened. I NEVER get on rides. If I cant control the speed or brakes in not getting on it!
Im with ya. Not my cup of tea

Setterman

What was the one that went in a circle that felt like 100mph and would suck you back in the seat where you could hardly move. I remember doing it and myself and friends would turn upside down on it lol. I got off it one time and felt like crap the rest of the night.
Gravitron. As a kid I flipped over and my face got pinned between two of the cushions. Dang near suffocated

Latest posts