Could use some prayers

huntinkev

My wife and I could use some prayers. I hate to air my business out but I haven't had anyone to talk to and I could use some others besides me throwing up some prayers on this matter.

We are on the brink of splitting up, been married for 20 years. I don't really know what has happened. I know I've been bringing my stress home and been taking it out on her, being hateful at times. I know that I've been wrong and I've apologized. Of course she has done some things that have been aggravating me too. For some reason, she says that she has built up a wall that she doesn't think can come down and doesn't think we can move forward anymore, she can't forgive me. I've told her I would move a mountain if that is what it takes, but right now I feel like I'm the only one fighting for our marriage.

If you could, pray for us. I don't want to see it end and I hope she can come to that realization too.

Thanks.

MR Yote

Know that God is with you through this. We all are praying for you & your wife to work this out. Prayers sent my friend.

Chiflyguy

Went thru it about 15 years ago.
Did marriage counseling, 3 sessions and got asked not to return for the 4th.
Counselor said something that ticked me off. I was opening and closing my fist. Guy asked my wife why I was doing it.
She said either he’s gonna walk out or hit you.
That was that.
Things were pretty bad. Job, kids, money problems…..
That Saturday we went fishing. We sat in the boat and hashed it out.
Now I’m not saying she wakes up every morning thanking God I’m her husband, I’m sure there’s plenty of days she scratches her head but we made a promise for better or worse.
Short of infidelity, anything’s fixable.

shane37110

Dear Lord we lift our friends up in prayer. They love each other enough to make sacred vows once but now their vision is clouded by the problems of life in this world. Oh Lord help them to see with their hearts and not their eyes. Help them remember why they have loved each other so. Lord soften their hearts with forgiveness, and temper them with resolve to do what's best and to work out their problems.
James wrote; "Therefore confess your sins to each other and pray for each other so that you may be healed. The prayer of a righteous person is powerful and effective." ~ James 5:6
Lord heal their hearts,
Amen!

That said you have stated what she told you is a major part of the problem. You're going to have to work on you and figure out how to leave all that work induced stress at work when you come home. Maybe she can help. A well thought out venting process that lets you unload it to her without her feeling attacked could be helpful if done in a positive way. Declare a debriefing, a stress session, a b!#ch session whatever name you give it, sit down and open up about what's bothering you and get it off your chest. Maybe her just listening or offering suggestions can help. Remember though it is a two way street. Be there for her as well, and both of you need to be open and honest here, try not to get your feelings all tangled up. Neither of you may be able to solve each other's problems. But you may be able to help the other unload some of life's frustrations in a positive manner.
I'll be praying for you buddy.

Last edited:

Snake

Supporter
Dear Heavenly Father coming to your mighty throne of grace asking for one of our own that your please help them correct each others wrong as you know that marriage is honorable in your sight. Marriage is a union sealed by the hand of God that no man put asunder . Lord they are asking for help so please show each one how to once again look at the other with the gleam in their eye like when they first met . All mistakes can be forgiven please keep them from hardening their hearts towards one another. Love conquers all hoping that they still love one another so asking in the precious mighty name of your son Jesus Christ amen.

Union Co. Boy

Prayers buddy. Without giving details, I can tell you just don't give up. Truly show her how much she and your marriage mean to you. I once thought I was a goner, but I took my lumps and stuck with it. I won't lie, it was absolutely horrible. However, we are still together and much happier. Best of luck to you.

huntinkev

I appreciate it more than you all know.

I have been loving her as much as humanly possible. She told me yesterday to lay off and give her time and space. So I don't know what to do, keep trying so hard or give it a break. At her request, I'm leaving town this weekend, maybe she will be better when I get back.