cooking with cedar

shorefisherman

i found a bunch of old driftwood cedar by the creek. didnt know it was cedar untill i was cuttin it up with chainsaw, that hamster cage smell :D
well, ive been bbq'n with it in my old gas bbq'er since, not smoking it but cookin the meat in amber coal. the snap crackle pop sound is cool too. very good smoke flavor, not too strong as to smoking it.
going to try to make some deer jerky tomorrow. smoke it a little and then to the dehydrator. heck it sure beats buying charcoal,although kingsford is good too.

LeatherLungz

Hamster cage smell. What a repressed memory you just unlocked, lmao

I hate hamsters-biting sumbucks. We had a village of them varmints in grade school when I was a kid.

btw, I wasn't always sure if the "hamster cage smell" was the cedar or just rat piss.

Now today, I just associate anything that smells like cedar as having been infested/pissed in /pissed on by rodents.

:eek:

Leon

shorefisherman

LeatherLungz said:
Hamster cage smell. What a repressed memory you just unlocked, lmao

I hate hamsters-biting sumbucks. We had a village of them varmints in grade school when I was a kid.

btw, I wasn't always sure if the "hamster cage smell" was the cedar or just rat piss.

Now today, I just associate anything that smells like cedar as having been infested/pissed in /pissed on by rodents.

:eek:

Leon

:D :D i meant the wood chip spread that u put in their cage that they sell in pet shops.

but i think cedar is real good on any meat and veggies, if u havent tried it, give it a try

Latest posts