Come to Jesus like the Duck Commander!

Grizzly Johnson

2-Step Enabled
Ol Phil is who got me to really thinking about getting right with God....

I watched those youtube vidoe links that Crow Terminator posted a long while back.... the one where Phil was speaking in PA.

Watching it moved me and I finally felt a glow inside.....

I grew up having to attend church with my grandparents and mother. Under the circumstances and environment, I felt belittled and that I had something to prove inorder to fit in.... which turned me away from the church itself.

Seeing Phil preach and to hear his message..... made plain and simple because of the type man he is, gave me a new found desire to be closer to God. He doesn't speak one way on Sunday and another way during the rest of the week. He doesn't try to keep up with the Jones......

His segment in PA where he told the story about the guy calling to order a duck call.... cussing God..... eventually lead to the guy driving a long distance to talk to Phil in person.... Phil saved that fellow that same afternoon in the river nearby.....

That story spoke to me.... and still does.... someone "gets it", someone not flashy with earthly things, lives for God, and is not afraid to speak out for values.

God spared my life at the age of 13.... gave me a second chance to be somebody. I try to lead a good and honest life, help others when I can... to make a difference in their life. To treat others as I would want to be treated. I have my faults as I am not perfect. I need to get right with God.......

ferg

What Grizz said - I have been hot and cold for years growing up, but here in the last 10 or so (Death of son) I've been able to feel The Holy Spirit moving through me - sometimes - it's a small, seemingly trivial thing that moves me to tears - not in a sad or bad/hurt way, but in a way I know is Him pulling me and pulling me.

I try and try and try to do what's right or what feels right at least, I hit my knees every night and try to remember to thank Him every morning for another day on this earth - I recognize the small ways in my life that He 'shows Himself' to me and others around me....

I'm not sure where my journey with Him is going, but I know I'm on His journey -

And there are a LOT of folks on here that help me in that travel, PMT is one to be sure, and Keith B, Kimber, Jimmy and so many others - I thank you all for that and as I continue my journey I hope someday, someday, I'll get there - wherever 'there' is :)

ferg....

Rob R.

His segment in PA where he told the story about the guy calling to order a duck call.... cussing God..... eventually lead to the guy driving a long distance to talk to Phil in person.... Phil saved that fellow that same afternoon in the river nearby.....

Where can I find him talking about this? I would like to hear it.

Thanks!

Rob

PalsPal

Rob R. said:

Where can I find him talking about this? I would like to hear it.

Starts around the 6:00 mark of part 4!

Kimber45

Grizzly Johnson said:
Ol Phil is who got me to really thinking about getting right with God....

I watched those youtube vidoe links that Crow Terminator posted a long while back.... the one where Phil was speaking in PA.

Watching it moved me and I finally felt a glow inside.....

I grew up having to attend church with my grandparents and mother. Under the circumstances and environment, I felt belittled and that I had something to prove inorder to fit in.... which turned me away from the church itself.

Seeing Phil preach and to hear his message..... made plain and simple because of the type man he is, gave me a new found desire to be closer to God. He doesn't speak one way on Sunday and another way during the rest of the week. He doesn't try to keep up with the Jones......

That story spoke to me.... and still does.... someone "gets it", someone not flashy with earthly things, lives for God, and is not afraid to speak out for values.

God spared my life at the age of 13.... gave me a second chance to be somebody. I try to lead a good and honest life, help others when I can... to make a difference in their life. To treat others as I would want to be treated. I have my faults as I am not perfect. I need to get right with God.......

Speaking from my interaction with you Grizz, you are headed the right way with the right mindset.. I've never met ole Phil and he's honestly one of my favorite folks!! He gets it, and he walks the walk and talks the talk.. Good man!

Grizzly Johnson

2-Step Enabled
Grizzly Johnson said:

I will add, the belittling was not from my grandparents, mother, or adults.... but from some of the older kids from school that also went to my church... they were from the "in" crowd and acted like they were from the "Jones" family.....

Kimber45, thanks for the words brother. :)

Orion6

Phil didn't save that man, God did. The Holy Spirit will put people in the position to spread the word to others.

But I know what you meant. :)

TENN.BOY

Well Grizzly J you are not alone in this world feeling like that.The pride of man is what i think really takes us away from jesus thinking we can do all this on our own.But knowing what i have learned over the past years i cant even walk daily without him by my side,and i still make bad choices sometimes but that is just this human flesh. JAMES 4:8 IF YOU DRAW NIGH TO ME I WILL DRAW NIGH TO YOU and jesus also says in a couple differant places in the bible HEBREWS AND DEUTERONOMY : I WILL NEVER LEAVE YOU NORE FORSAKE YOU

Latest posts