Colorado applied for

turk870

Well got the deer application in, I should draw if things don't get too crazy with these late dates, If I do draw will try to get a leftover cow tag as well (just in case). But I will concentrate on the muley first.

turk870

Yes gun, Grand Mesa area. I hunted elk there in 2019 during 1st rifle, so at least kind of have a lay of land. Although for deer will be probably starting in different area than where I was after elk.

JCDEERMAN

Never been down that way. We always go north of 40. We will be right northeast of Glenwood Springs this year. We go during the 2nd bow season. Best of luck!

turk870

Good luck to you as well, I hunted rifle in 34 which is the north side of Glenwood Springs, it might be ok during archery but wasn't my cup of tea for rifle, so we moved on. Friend of mine hunted 25 last year for deer and was successful

AT Hiker

Good luck!
Just points for me this year. Still trying to find that perfect unit for a early season, high country archery or muzzle loader tag. So far all the units I've scouted I cannot turn up any nice velvet bucks.

gtk

Staff member
They extended the CO application process for a few more days, due to "technical difficulties"

i have put in for preference points for elk, and for GMU 75 buck deer.

dgolden

Good luck! My dad and I put in for points for deer and elk. Applied for a cow tag in 21. If we draw one we'll go, if not we may wait until next year.

UPSman

2-Step Enabled
I put in for a 3rd season mule deer license this year since the 3rd is about as late as it has ever been. Just bought a Christensen Arms Ridgeline in 6.5 PRC to take along.

Smokyrider

Put in for Mule deer 1st rifle this year, got my fingers crossed to get drawn since it's the same dates as elk 2nd rifle OTC, which I will be hunting this year.
The area I hunt mulies and elk inhabit the same valley, saw 6 decent mule deer bucks last year where I killed my elk but didn't have a tag.
Taking the 6.5 prc and a 6.5 creedmoor as backup.

hootywho

Say you were successfully drawn for a hunt/GMU you applied for. Can you decline the successful draw? Additionally, would you then accumulate the PP following the decline? Thanks, in advance.

UPSman

2-Step Enabled
You must buy the license first. You can get a refund or preference points restored. It must be returned 30 days before the season for which it was drawn and there is a form that must accompany your request that be downloaded from CPW website.
You will NOT accrue a preference point for the 2021 draw.

tellico4x4

Colorado had a 75,000 increase in applicants this year from last.
Wild
Wow! Hadn't seen that, Shazam that's a heck of an increase....

First trip to Co was 1980 & best I remember a NR "combo" tag which allowed a deer & elk was $212.00, bought across counter at K-Mart. Private ranch drop camps at Craig were $250 per hunter. I knew of a few guys that would buy a $50 NR bear tag, then if they killed a deer or elk would go to town & buy appropriate tag for what to they killed. Ahh, the good old days...