College Baseball

Displaced_Vol

Any college baseball fans on here? I watched more of it 2 springs ago than I ever have and I really enjoyed it. It is a tough sport to keep up with it seems if you don't live in town. I use the cbs sports app most and they definitely don't do a great job with it. Is ESPN the answer or are there any specific phone apps or smart TV channels where y'all keep up with baseball, particularly Vols baseball of course?

tnanh

I have always live streamed most of LSU baseball games. I am fine with it. Just finished watching a game and watched one yesterday. The performance of the ESPN. com app seems to improved a lot. I go to ESPN.com, choose direct tv, log in with my direct tv info. and watch trouble free. I do plug my computer into my tv though.

Gravey

I love college baseball. Don't watch it like I'd like to but try to keep up with what the Vols are doing. I played a year at Tennessee Tech and for reasons I won't bore you with hung it up after a few weeks of practice my sophomore year. We played a home and away series with UT. Cleared the benches with them at our place and they heckled the crap out of us at there's. I thought it was funny.

PalsPal

Go to the UT sports website.

You can find the baseball schedule.

If the game will be televised, there will be a Watch icon. Click it when its game time and it should take you to view online . If the game is being broadcast somewhere else it should have it listed there.

That's how we watch the softball games.

Displaced_Vol

Good stuff, thanks guys.
I watched quite a bit of the '19 sec tournament in particular I remember and it was a lot of fun.

JCDEERMAN

I love watching Vandy and Corbin. I'm a Vanderbilt fan and that's been just about the only thing to get excited about lately. Basketball used to be fun when Stallings was around, but is no more.

Displaced_Vol

Yeah I watched quite a bit of their World Series win over Michigan? Couple seasons ago.
There was talk of Vandy leaving the SEC earlier when they were debating having a football season (not serious just talking head chatter) and I was thinking I think we'll want them around come baseball season!

Spurhunter

Cleared the benches with them at our place and they heckled the crap out of us at there's. I thought it was funny.
I went to the UT-Memphis series a few years ago in Memphis. Memphis had a student section in left field and I was sitting on the 3rd base line for a night game. One of the guys did all the talking. He was super loud. Pretty funny too. Our makeshift bullpen was 2 mounds in left field outside the lines. We had a bullpen catcher that looked to be about 12. Obviously he wasn't. Dude heckled him every time he went to warm a pitcher up. "Hey so and so, does your mom know you are out past your bedtime?" Stuff like that all night. The kid just laughed it off and seemed to enjoy the attention. It was pretty funny. That student section drank enough alcohol to float a battleship that night. They kept it light hearted though.

Stayinthewoods

I love following UT baseball, but like you said, it's a little harder to follow because it doesn't get the attention football and basketball does.

I've contemplated subscribing to the ESPN+ package. It seems a lot more games are available there.

Tennessee is setup to have a strong year and could be contenders in Omaha.

I am a big fan of Coach Vitello. I hope we will fork out enough money to keep him when Van Horn retires at Arkansas. Vitello will be their first call.

RobDooley

Best game going. When I lived in Knoxville I went to most games. Delmonico was coach then. Watch the Vols beat Ga. Tech in Super Regional in Atlanta to go to World Series. Went to College World Series for several years. The old Rosenblatt stadium. Seen last games at Rosenblatt. Loved that place.

Displaced_Vol

I subscribed to ESPN+ juat to watch UT baseball lol. You are right about Vitello, he is a very good baseball coach. UT better pay the man to stay long term!
That's the gist of what little I've heard too. Not only paying him, but also investing in some serious facility upgrades for the baseball team too.

Displaced_Vol

Caught the beginning and very end of the game Sunday with Indiana State. Pretty exciting way to end in the 11th.

I am really digging these weekend games that start about 4:30. By then I'm ready to start winding down with the day job and I'll put it on in the background and crack a cold beer. Gotta get me some Bluetooth earmuffs so I can listen come mowing season here in a couple weeks.

Latest posts