Coldest Weather You've Fished In?

rsimms

Stealing this question from another Forum... What is the coldest weather you've ever gone fishing in?

I really don't remember the temp on this trip (friend Ed McCoy pictured) to Dale Hollow... I just remember it was horrible cold. I was forced to use the hot coffee from my thermos to pour over my steering linkage before we could leave the dock... and at our first two or three fishing stops. :(

I wasn't there for the last photo but my daughters - Priscilla and Tiffany - spent Christmas/New Year's in Iceland in 2012. Of course they are MY daughters, so they rarely go anywhere that they don't finagle a fishing trip. They went ice fishing in Iceland, riding in on snowmobiles, when the temperature was -11 degrees. :eek: Yea, I raised 'em right. :super:

Attachments

• dh1.jpg
    dh1.jpg
    87 KB · Views: 1,559
  • dh2.jpg
    dh2.jpg
    92.3 KB · Views: 1,558
  • iceland.jpg
    iceland.jpg
    59 KB · Views: 1,561

bluball

Getting ready to put the boat in.On the way we saw tracks where a truck and trailer ran off he road and took out a fence,lol.
e329ba14236b9675b969711a548c1ca4.jpg

Sent from my SM-S907VL using Tapatalk

Aquaholic

Fished the Gallatin Steamplant a few years ago ... Truck said it was -2* when we launched

Sent from my LGLS775 using Tapatalk

Daniel90

Wind chill was. -4 Monday. We fished 6 hours it was cold. Best trip I've had in a while.

Sent from my SM-S327VL using Tapatalk

woodyard

I went crappie fishing on Martin L. King Day several years ago and it was 14 when I launched and when I came off in the afternoon think it was topping out at 17. Had a stiff NE wind of about 10 mph that day.
I was the only fool out on Ky lake in the Big Sandy for most of the day. Latter on one more boat came out.

I was a little concerned after I thought about it. In a boat with a motor probably 20 years old and by myself, strong wind, 14 degrees and not another fool on the lake.

It all turned out good , caught crappie and no mishaps.

Cottontop

Not sure how cold it was, but I remember one day sauger (jack) fishing below Nickajack with Dad and your spit would crackle before it hit the ground.

SES

Best day I've ever had on the Clinch trout fishing, It was snowing and was 19 degrees. Me and my fishing bud caught so many trout that he tied on a tiny torpedo just for giggles. He caught several on it.

Planking

pressfit":10az9k45 said:
When I was a kid we fished on tims "no fish" ford one day and ice was clogging up our line guides... lol
Coldest day ive ever been had iced line guides. You had to clean them out after a couple of casts. The high was 12 degrees.

Biggun4214

I've checked crappie fishermen on Douglas when they would take a boat anchor and use it to break a hole in the ice so there was open water. I checked 2 guys one day it was about -10. They were fishing the mouth of a creek.

larry ipock

bluball":37c2z59i said:
Getting ready to put the boat in.On the way we saw tracks where a truck and trailer ran off he road and took out a fence,lol.

Just wondering. How much trouble was it to get back up the ramp?

bluball

larry ipock":1vhe5304 said:
bluball":1vhe5304 said:

Just wondering. How much trouble was it to get back up the ramp?
Not to bad,the ramp wasn't to steep.Buddies truck and boat,I loaded the boat and he pulled me out.I imagine he had it in 4wd though.

easy45

Low teens, kept having to break ice out our rod eyes, boat ramp was tricky too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts