Coin Guru's??

Pic IN the Casa

Pic IN the Casa

Any knowledgeable coin folks here?
My daughter found quite a few coins at my MIL's house that we didn't know she had.
Just looking for places to look for value (if any).

V

volboy

My daughter found quite a few coins at my MIL's house that we didn't know she had.

My son dabbles in them. He said coinauctionshelp.com. he said there may be some price differences on current market but good site for a start.

Pic IN the Casa

Pic IN the Casa

My son dabbles in them. He said coinauctionshelp.com. he said there may be some price differences on current market but good site for a start.
Thanks sir.

P

PalsPal

Like everything else imaginable, eBay "sold" will tell you current value, as long as you can be specific with what you are looking.

Search the specific coin, the list pops up of current "for sale", then scroll down and click the "sold" button.

Pic IN the Casa

Pic IN the Casa

Thanks for all the tips. Going by one site and their low end value (which has nothing to do with what someone will pay) we have 55 silver dollars at $5/each, 110 silver quarters from the 40's at $2/each, 67 dimes at $.75/each.
I know nothing about this hobby but the oldest coins (late 1800's and early 1900) were worth the least.
Had fun researching. Didn't figure there would be any gems.

Plateau Hunter

Plateau Hunter

Silver dollars are worth about $17 each just for silver content alone, silver quarters are worth about $4 each for silver content…silver dimes are worth about $1.60 each for silver content…being a coin they will bring more depending on date and condition…

Team Browning

Team Browning

Like everything else imaginable, eBay "sold" will tell you current value, as long as you can be specific with what you are looking.

Search the specific coin, the list pops up of current "for sale", then scroll down and click the "sold" button.
This will tell you what part of the market is doing and if selling is the goal, It's a very good place to start.

Chapman

Chapman

Asked my son and he said common circulated silver dollars going for $30-35. Silver halves, quarters and dimes go about 21X face value.

DaveB

DaveB

I would not sell them just yet.

If someone would pay you 25 bucks for a silver dollar, you think he is doing that for his health? He probably has a place where he can get 40 and up.

Create a fairly detailed inventory listing each item with pictures. I don't know what should be on the list but find out. Shop that list.