Club & Tournament Fishing

TRIGGER

A bass boat going 60 miles and hour has a smaller wake than going 20. Above idle the faster you go the smaller the wake and slowing down rapidly creates the biggest wake possible. If I see a smaller boat I intentionally do not slow down as not to throw a huge wave at them. And yes if the conditions are safe I'm running as fast as my boat will go. Can't catch fish setting behind the steering wheel. It's like anything else it can be done safely if you just use common sense.

RobDooley

Personally, I'm not an advocate for restrictions. I would support catch and release, especially in the summer heat. Pleasure boaters, jet skis and the like have just as much right to enjoy the lake as I do. However, I will say a little common sense and courtesy goes a lone way for me. And for me, I do agree in part with "rem270"...when a big tournament is scheduled on the Chick...I don't go fishing. Never, ever, fish weekends. Just me.

NumberOne

I do see a lot of distain for jet skis which I have never quite understood. Sure they may jump your wake but they dont send out a 4 foot roller like cabin crusiers or wake boats. And as trigger says above I much rather a bass boat go passed me trimmed up than one butt down doing 15 mph.

WTM

I do see a lot of distain for jet skis which I have never quite understood. Sure they may jump your wake but they dont send out a 4 foot roller like cabin crusiers or wake boats. And as trigger says above I much rather a bass boat go passed me trimmed up than one butt down doing 15 mph.
perryville is probably the worst place to be on the weekend, from denson island to the pipeline. nothing but a constant 3 ft wake.

Latest posts