Closure on a buck

easy45

A good friend of mine that hunts with me on one of my farms shot a buck back in November 23rd. He looked that night, we tried to get a dog but none were available. I went with him the next morning and we found some hair and two drops of blood but after a grid search of the direction he ran we decided it must not have been a fatal hit. Flash forward to two days ago when the neighbor calls and says I found your buddies buck. It had taken a hard left and died probably 250-300 yards south of where we grid searched.
285AF1A6-93BD-42FA-84A0-3FBEC82AD120.jpeg

DeerCamp

A good friend of mine that hunts with me on one of my farms shot a buck back in November 23rd. He looked that night, we tried to get a dog but none were available. I went with him the next morning and we found some hair and two drops of blood but after a grid search of the direction he ran we decided it must not have been a fatal hit. Flash forward to two days ago when the neighbor calls and says I found your buddies buck. It had taken a hard left and died probably 250-300 yards south of where we grid searched.
Heck of a deer. Very happy for him!

CrossVolle

I gut shot a buck on October 5th. Went on a 4 mile track to no avail with a dog. Gonna take a shot in the dark next week sometime and try to find him while scouting. I'm still tore up about releasing such a crappy arrow.

DoubleRidge

Good deal....it happens.....but great to have closure.... another cape or euro is always an option.... congrats......also, hats off to the neighbor for calling and informing you!! Very nice of them.

Latest posts