Closure on a buck

bshurette

Tough loss on not getting him sooner. It is good though to put closure on him. I shot one last year and never recovered him and every time I sit that stand I think about it.

artwork001

I hit a deer high with an arrow at Chuck swan a nice big 7 point. Quota hunt in 2019 it got up and ran off. Me and my buddy tracked it found some blood passed a guy who'd seen the deer running in the dark with my lumenok in him 500 yards from where I shot him. We were late getting out of the gate the warden had to come unlock it so we could get out. He wasn't happy. Never found him hope he made it. Yours will still make a good European mount.

DoubleRidge

The meat wasn't wasted!

I'd rather not lose the meat.....but your post reminds me of what the game warden or biologist told my buddy one time.....he had requested permits to kill deer in the off-season that were absolutely destroying his crops which in turn was effectively reducing his income.....he asked the game warden what to do with the deer he shot....and he was told to drag them off in the woods.....my buddy made the comment that he hated to "waste" the meat....he was quickly told that nothing on the deer would go to waste.... coyotes, foxes, opossum, multiple specie's of birds...all the way down to bugs, worms...them microorganisms.....he was told absolutely nothing will be wasted.

But I get it....as hunters....we hate to lose meat.

Latest posts