Climber stand advice

Gravey

Morgan Freeman Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

Rakkin6

I have the Summit Goliath and love it. Had the Viper also and it is terrific tree stand. The Goliath just gives a little more room. I don't necessarily need the room but it is nice to have. Here is a link to another one. It is 29 pounds though but in your price range.

rmmonty32

Thanks for the suggestions, weight is one of the big factors so the viper sounds good. Im usually hiking in at least a mile or more on public. Its usually fairly steep terrain. Hopefully i can aquire one for next season.

Mag

2-Step Enabled
I bought a Goliath because of the extra room and it's worth it. Strapped a couple of side bags to it and I think I could camp out in that thing!

CHRIS WILSON

Summit mini Viper. A few pounds lighter and a little more compact than the standard Viper. I've used/carried both the standard and the mini. To me, the mini Viper just packs up and carries better than the standard Viper, which is not a bad choice either. I'm 6', 180 pounds and have no issues with it.

Ski

I bought an aluminum Viper several years ago and it is as good as everybody says. I'm 6'2" 235lbs and the standard fits me just fine. My biggest complaint about it is the shooting bar. I'm a bow hunter and it's cumbersome sometimes because the bar gets in the way, especially if I'm shooting from a sitting position. Otherwise I really like it. Easy to pack and easy to use and quite comfy for long sits.

Latest posts