Clarification Please

Status
Not open for further replies.

avobill

I am new resident to this beautiful state and new to hunting. I think is great to have you all participate on this site and assist our members. I have a few questions regarding hunting my land and am getting conflicting information from the locals. I really want to hear the answers from the law enforcement side.

I have come to the conclusion here that to harvest deer on my property does not require me to buy a license. If this is correct, do I need to report deer harvested on my land? Also, do I need to purchase a special land owner tag for any animal harvested.

I have turkey on my land also and would like to harvest some as well. Are the deer rules the same for turkey in regards to harvesting my land?

I know that I am asking a lot here, but really want to know the rules prior to hunting.

Thanks again for helping us here and stay safe,

Bill

scn

The best route for learning the rules is to get a copy of the Hunting Guide. Your local license agents should have one. If not, you can go to the TWRA website and in the Guides, Regulations box you can access an electronic version.

If you are a resident of TN, you are not required to have any license or permit to hunt on on your own farmland as long as you are the sole owner. Land owned jointly does not qualify.

You are required to check in any big game (deer, bear, turkey) before the end of the calendar day of harvest. The check in information is found on page 23 of the Hunting Guide. You will need to go to a checking station for the first animal harvested so a TWRA profile can be created for you (or call the TWRA License Div. at 615-781-6585 to create the profile ahead of time). You will need to fill out a landowner form PRIOR to hunting (page 55 of the Hunting Guide). You will need your map and parcel number for your property for the form and to check in a big game animal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts