Christmas trees.. real or artificial?

pressfit

pressfit

I've insisted on a real tree my whole life.. but the last few years after Christmas I set mine on fire to show the kids how fast they burn.. 2 years ago I decided on a artificial tree.. once lit.. they rage for about 2 minutes.. about like they had gas doused on them..

rem270

rem270

Supporter
We always had a real one up until I was 8 or 9 probably.

U

Urban_Hunter

I'm Allergic to the real ones. Therefore we have a bunch of fake ones lol

Snake

Snake

Artificial just less trouble . Heck if it was up to me we wouldn't even put one up , nice when the kids were little going out picking one but now everything commercialized . Materialistic world we now live in getting stuff we don't even need and people out there would be tickled to have a meal or their utility bill paid .

M

Mike Belt

When my kids were growing up we used to have a traditional day for heading to the woods and fields to find just the right tree to cut down. For a few years after that we just bought a tree. Then I finally got to the point I refused to pay inflated prices for a dead tree and sprung for an expensive artificial tree that really looks nice. It's lasted for years now and gets cheaper every time I set it up.

Part of that tradition included a pint of blackberry brandy in the back pocket and carrying a 22 for shooting down some mistletoe. I have to admit it put everyone in the Christmas spirit more so than dragging an artificial tree down out of the attic.

duckduck84

duckduck84

I grew up with artificial. My wife grew up with a real one. So we compromised and got a real one...

Sent from my LG-H820 using Tapatalk

M

MudIslandMemphis

I'll never go back to an artificial one.....real just looks better, smells better, and you don't have to worry about assembling/disassembling/storing for 11 months

shopson

shopson

Wife puts it up, takes it down, decorates, and undecorates. She wanted artificial, she has it.

Zulu

Zulu

Supporter
Real. It's part of our Thanksgiving tradition: pick one out the day after Thanksgiving, give it a couple of days for the branches to fully open, then decorate Sunday after church. We've always done it that way, and even though the kids are all in college they still look forward to it.

L

leader

Real

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DANO63

DANO63

Supporter
Real . Love the smell of a real tree.Makes for better memories.

Gravey

Gravey

Supporter
Always used real ones until my ex-wife developed allergies so we went to artificial. May go back to real at some point as I like the smell of them.

Ladys man

Ladys man

MudIslandMemphis":3m9c7kne said:
I'll never go back to an artificial one.....real just looks better, smells better, and you don't have to worry about assembling/disassembling/storing for 11 months

This

TRIGGER

TRIGGER

Real. My son and I go out back every year and find one that he likes and we cut it down. I don’t own much property so our options are limited but I would rather have a shaggy ole evergreen that we cut down ourselves than any store bought tree much less a fake one. My son is six now and I plan on doing this until he has no interest in doing it anymore. We have a good time walking around picking out the “perfect “ tree.

TN Song Dog

TN Song Dog

pressfit":10ok80wo said:
I've insisted on a real tree my whole life.. but the last few years after Christmas I set mine on fire to show the kids how fast they burn.. 2 years ago I decided on a artificial tree.. once lit.. they rage for about 2 minutes.. about like they had gas doused on them..
Grew up with artificial trees mostly. Correction... tree. We didn't burn it after Christmas, so we reused the same one each year. LOL!!

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

sallee-bo

sallee-bo

Always had a real cedar tree that we would go out and cut. Now that the grand kids are grown we don't even put up a tree. I miss the Christmas tree.