Chicken Breast For Catfish

ibfishin

I am hearing of so many people using chicken breast for catfish bait, read of a couple on here using it and a man at Nickajack this weekend had about 10 5 to 10 lb blues he caught on it. How is the best way to use it? I am being told to soak it in kool-aid, jello, WD-40, vanilla or garlic powder. Everyone has a different method. I am thinkin of trying it raw and see how that works.

bowriter

R.I.P.
I have long been a breast man. But Let RSimms handle this the way he handles a breast. He is DA MAN!

I wrote a story based on one day fishing with him, "You Don't Have to Puke Over Catperch Bait."

RUGER

2-Step Enabled
First time I went with a catfishing guide (rsimms) I was all excited because I was gonna finally find out the magic, secret catfish bait that would produce every time.
I was expecting the use of gas masks, fans and all kinds of outdoor ventilation equipment to be used for this great concoction that he was sure to use.
Boneless, skinless chicken breast.
Straight out of the package it came from the store in.
Nothing added, soaked in nothing.
Just cut it into the size you want and fish.
MAN was I disappointed.....
Until we started catching catfish and never stopped.
Three trips later with hopefully another one in the near future and still the same bait and still the same results.
Oddly enough, haven't tried it anywhere else yet though. :D
It does indeed work.

rsimms

Yea... what Ruger said. Trying to "doctor" it is a total waste of time and effort. These fish were caught on a big chunks of chicken breast Wednesday AM. You can still see a hunk of CB in the little fishes mouth in picture #3. Of course it's important to fish it in the right spot(s).

Brittingham1.jpg

Brittingham2.jpg

Brittingham3.jpg

Latest posts