Checking interest and price. Gibson LesPaul

416wbymag

I am thinking of selling my brother's guitar. Not sure what year it is but it was pristine when I passed. I need to go pick it up after I can climb steps again. I think it's 100% stock. Pic from the web but it is a sunburst

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230330_184437_Messenger.jpg
    Screenshot_20230330_184437_Messenger.jpg
    86 KB · Views: 129

Steverino

I wish I could play a Les Paul again. I had a 74 Custom but the newer and alot of the std ones like that have a fatter neck and I can't do those. I've got some arthritis going too but I'm gonna keep at it with my SG in church till I freeze or go completely deaf or both.

BlackBelt

If I wasnt all the way across the state from you I would buy it.
As far as pricing, that guitar in like new or good condition, with a gibson case should fetch $2k+/-.
I'd really need to see better pics to give a more solid figure. The serial number on the back of the headstock can give an idea of the year, and LP's also can have the year of manufacture stamped there as well, sometimes.
Scratches, fret wear, tarnished hardware, or any modifications can reduce the price a bit.

SSlater

I am thinking of selling my brother's guitar. Not sure what year it is but it was pristine when I passed. I need to go pick it up after I can climb steps again. I think it's 100% stock. Pic from the web but it is a sunburst
I'm in the Knoxville area. I'd be glad to help you go get it. Looks like a Les Paul Standard. I'm a Fender guy but those sunburst LPs are beautiful. A call to Gibson with serial number should tell you what year. They may even have a serial number lookup on their website like Fender does.

I agree with Blackbelt. Another thing that will hurt the value is a headstock repair.

416wbymag

If I wasnt all the way across the state from you I would buy it.
As far as pricing, that guitar in like new or good condition, with a gibson case should fetch $2k+/-.
I'd really need to see better pics to give a more solid figure. The serial number on the back of the headstock can give an idea of the year, and LP's also can have the year of manufacture stamped there as well, sometimes.
Scratches, fret wear, tarnished hardware, or any modifications can reduce the price a bit.
Thanks for all the info. As much as I can remember it was pristine. I have it and a few of his amps. It will take a little while for me to grab it as I just had some gastro surgery and can't be too mobile yet. Possibly end of next week.

416wbymag

I'm in the Knoxville area. I'd be glad to help you go get it. Looks like a Les Paul Standard. I'm a Fender guy but those sunburst LPs are beautiful. A call to Gibson with serial number should tell you what year. They may even have a serial number lookup on their website like Fender does.

I agree with Blackbelt. Another thing that will hurt the value is a headstock repair.
I might take you up on that. . I have it and a few of his amps. It will take a little while for me to grab it as I just had some gastro surgery and can't be too mobile yet. Possibly end of next week.

SSlater

I might take you up on that. . I have it and a few of his amps. It will take a little while for me to grab it as I just had some gastro surgery and can't be too mobile yet. Possibly end of next week.
Absolutely. Just me know. PM me for my contact info.

Latest posts