Checking in woods are dead.

Coldfusion

In a very good spot. Last week saw 17 deer here in a couple hours. Today nothing and only one squirrel. Not even seeing small birds. Any theory why. Wondered if the noise of the rain drops still falling is keeping them out of the woods. But I've hunted in the rain before. This is an established stand on a very busy deer path also.
5f73f66861a0cb608c9d4e967775707f.jpg

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Jaahspike

Saw 20-25 deer in fields this morning on the way to work. They probably haven't made it back to the woods yet. Also, these types of misty/rainy days during the rut are my absolute favorite to hunt in. Can sit all day no problem. Good luck.

Coldfusion

Thanks. I was wondering if they will hit the woods late. Looks like it's a patience day

Smo

The moon is overhead (New Moon) today at noon......

The deer I'm seeing are mostly in overgrown fields or pastures .

Not a lot left in the woods around my place other than brouse to eat.

It would be a great day to sit all day.

Coldfusion

Hey now take it easy on my rifle. She's good enough for me lol

Coldfusion

SES":r1z5hfq3 said:
According to moon phase, between 12:00 and 3:00pmEST is the time to be out there today.
I will be here thanks

jhardy

I sat out all morning. I just left. Hate I couldn't sit all day. But where I normally see a ton of deer there were none, it's a great day to sit all day if you can.

Winchester

If they dont move much hard to see them. Our woods pretty much devoid of any food here as well, Acorns what few we had have been gone for weeks.

Coldfusion

I had other commitments inforgot about but stayed till 1. My theory is the deer weren't in the woods since the rain was still falling off the limbs making the woods loud enough it could be difficult to detect a predator, same thing as turkeys in the rain. This would explain why they are holding to fields. I've never realized this till today. Maybe I'm wrong but it's my only explanation.

GRIT

Seen 6 this morning all were doe,s and this afternoon i seen 9 all doe,s.

Bone Collector

WE sat all day except to grab some lunch. we were gone around 11:30 am and back by 1:15. Major feeding time was supposed to be like 10 am - 2:15 PM.

we sat in different spots in the AM and PM so four different spots, both woods and fields, and I saw 0 and my brother saw one basket rack 7 at 4 pm on a clover plot.