Check this out

brmaster

That is wild, although I can agree with it in part only, lets get the guns out of the hands of the felons
and yes, the ones that have been committed, but that is where the only in part comes in, unless they have without a shadow of a doubt been diagnosed and have proven thoughts of killing someone or themselves I disagree
Some people have gone into mental rehab and such places just to clear mind of past and present problems, some go in because they have lost someone close to them and just need help
Now tell me why they should loose their guns
I agree they cant go in a house without a warrant, so if i was someone who had a gun and they came to my door, I most definately either wouldnt answer or just not give them permission
But here again, leave it to California to get something started

brmaster

and yes, what about out military who have come back from one war or another and is diagnosed with PTSD, are they gonna be stripped of their right to own a weapon
California needs to crack along the bordering states and drift off into the ocean

Crappie Luck

Staff member
"They had better luck in nearby Upland, where they seized three guns from the home of Lynette Phillips, 48, who�d been hospitalized for mental illness, and her husband, David. One gun was registered to her, two to him.

�The prohibited person can�t have access to a firearm,� regardless of who the registered owner is, said Michelle Gregory, a spokeswoman for the attorney general�s office."

Wildcat

Supporter
Crappie Luck said:
"They had better luck in nearby Upland, where they seized three guns from the home of Lynette Phillips, 48, who�d been hospitalized for mental illness, and her husband, David. One gun was registered to her, two to him.

�The prohibited person can�t have access to a firearm,� regardless of who the registered owner is, said Michelle Gregory, a spokeswoman for the attorney general�s office."

Yep!!!

Remember back after Sandy Hook and the talk of new anti-gun laws?? I posted that we need to watch how those laws that deal with mental illness are written. YOU can lose all YOUR firearms if you let you neice move in for a few days because she has been treated for durg abuse in a place where they also treat mental illness.

1908_Cubbies

Supporter
brmaster said:
That is wild, although I can agree with it in part only, lets get the guns out of the hands of the felons

I personally don't know that I even agree with the felon part. Many people are convicted of felonies that should have no bearing on firearm possession. I really think that it should be "weapon related" felony. I have a relative that while in college he was 21 and having consensual "relations" with a 17 year old college student. He never asked her age and just assumed that since she was in college all was good. Her mom found out and had him prosecuted for statutory rape. As they say, play stupid games, win stupid prizes... He got to spend about a year in the pokey and is now a convicted felon. During our teenage years, we did a lot of hunting together. Now almost 15 years later, he can't touch a gun. Doesn't seem right to me.