Cheap Muddy cams

UCStandSitter

Does anyone have any luck with the cheap Muddy cameras or better yet.. any complaints?
I use em in spots I don't hit too often. Figure for the price if they get bonked or swiped it's not the end of the world. Pic quality isnt stellar but let's you get a decent idea of what's around. Flash seems like it spooks though

RobbyW

I have one and Tactacams. I just told my brother today I am switching all over to Muddy next year. The tactacams are so finicky, where the muddy is pretty solid. The muddy doesn't have as many settings, but it does the job. The app is way better than Tactacam. You can actually filter based on what the picture is and quality isn't bad

Attachments

• A7F3B494-6018-4484-9831-F57D35823ABE.jpeg
    A7F3B494-6018-4484-9831-F57D35823ABE.jpeg
    89.7 KB · Views: 71
  • 9F84BFDD-352E-4964-B40D-40D7574A51B0.jpeg
    9F84BFDD-352E-4964-B40D-40D7574A51B0.jpeg
    112.4 KB · Views: 64

Ski

I've got a few and for the money they're perfect for public land. If not on video mode they don't spook deer and batteries last all season. Pic quality sucks, but that's what you get for the money. It's clear enough to see what a buck has.

Attachments

• 20211021_214817.jpg
    20211021_214817.jpg
    224.1 KB · Views: 73
  • 20210904_205403.jpg
    20210904_205403.jpg
    324.8 KB · Views: 64
  • 20211030_142018.jpg
    20211030_142018.jpg
    314 KB · Views: 72
  • 20211108_100519.jpg
    20211108_100519.jpg
    238.7 KB · Views: 62

JCDEERMAN

They're not bad. I got a 4-pack for Christmas two years ago. FIL said he found that pack for $100, so $25 a piece. And for two years running, I'm loving them.

Like others mentioned, not the best of quality, but you can make out identifiable deer and see everything else going on. Flash is very visible. I use them on property boundaries and in CO elk hunting

Shed Hunter

I might order two of the 3 packs. I'm a bit worried Ohio might be more sticky handed with as many public land hunters as I've been told there are. I've never had a camera stolen and have had tons of pictures of people on them so hopefully that continues but some of my Covert cameras I'm afraid to put out still as much as they cost me and they aren't even expensive lol!

Ski

I might order two of the 3 packs. I'm a bit worried Ohio might be more sticky handed with as many public land hunters as I've been told there are. I've never had a camera stolen and have had tons of pictures of people on them so hopefully that continues but some of my Covert cameras I'm afraid to put out still as much as they cost me and they aren't even expensive lol!

I've never had a camera stolen up there and my brother & I have been running cams on public ground since cameras were a thing you could buy at the sporting goods store. We catch lots & lots & lots of people on cam, even catch trespassers on our own properties, but neither of us have had a cam taken.

Contrast with TN, I've had seven cameras and two stands stolen from two different private properties since moving here 7yrs ago. Thievery is horrible around where I live. My neighbor had his ground blind stolen from public ground while he was out getting lunch. A friend of mine has had several cams taken. No way I'd run cams on public grounds here. For a generally nice area, we've got some real dirtbags around.

Anyway, back to the cams, I think you'll be more than satisfied with the Muddy packs. They're cheap enough to be expendable and they work just fine. You gotta promise to share pics of what you catch on cam, though!!!

Shed Hunter

I've never had a camera stolen up there and my brother & I have been running cams on public ground since cameras were a thing you could buy at the sporting goods store. We catch lots & lots & lots of people on cam, even catch trespassers on our own properties, but neither of us have had a cam taken.

Contrast with TN, I've had seven cameras and two stands stolen from two different private properties since moving here 7yrs ago. Thievery is horrible around where I live. My neighbor had his ground blind stolen from public ground while he was out getting lunch. A friend of mine has had several cams taken. No way I'd run cams on public grounds here. For a generally nice area, we've got some real dirtbags around.

Anyway, back to the cams, I think you'll be more than satisfied with the Muddy packs. They're cheap enough to be expendable and they work just fine. You gotta promise to share pics of what you catch on cam, though!!!
That's good to hear. I always worry going into a new place it will be different.

Have you ever gotten any booners on camera on public in Ohio?

Shed Hunter

I ended up going this route instead

Ski I'm preparing to line those Ohio hills with a fleet of cameras! Somewhat kidding but somewhat serious. I'm limiting myself to 15 so I don't go overboard with trying to find a giant buck like I have in the past. These cameras seem to be a great deal as they'll save me on buying batteries and I've got a lot of cards, but I'd like a 32GB swap card for each camera. My wife bought me a little SD card book and an Amazon fire for Christmas. I'm going to get a terabyte micro SD so I can save pictures to it if it's processor is good enough to do so reasonably quick. If not, I tested it and it works awesome for viewing pictures (I know.. terrible holiday spirit opening it early lol)

Tweeter

Junk won't purchase any muddy cam again! The stealthcam browtine is solid. Iv had just about every cam made, the cheap tasco $32 Walmart job is decent also

Attachments

• 80B66959-2439-42A8-99A7-DC0B8D321BFC.jpeg
    80B66959-2439-42A8-99A7-DC0B8D321BFC.jpeg
    107 KB · Views: 41

Shed Hunter

Junk won't purchase any muddy cam again! The stealthcam browtine is solid. Iv had just about every cam made, the cheap tasco $32 Walmart job is decent also
I've had a few stealth cams die on me, but even Covert and bushnell have let me down. Only camera companies that I absolutely hate are Moultrie, Primos, spypoint, Wildgame, and honestly Tactacam now because their issues are simply out of ignorance rather than quality

Last edited:

Tweeter

I've had a few stealth cams die on me, but even Covert and bushnell have let me down. Only camera companies that I absolutely hate are Moultrie, Primos, Wildgame, and honestly Tactacam now because their issues are simply out of ignorance rather than quality
Moultrie is junk, wildgame is hit or miss, I have 2 bushnell that I haven't used, tactacam seem solid for me so far

Shed Hunter

Moultrie is junk, wildgame is hit or miss, I have 2 bushnell that I haven't used, tactacam seem solid for me so far
Tactacam makes solid cameras, but I don't like only getting the second picture or having to set it to take continuous pictures. And I also don't like it only takes a video after taking pictures

Ski

That's good to hear. I always worry going into a new place it will be different.

Have you ever gotten any booners on camera on public in Ohio?

Oh my goodness yes. You're in for a treat. If you're running a few cams and know where to put them, I'd be surprised if you don't get at least one booner on cam every season.

Latest posts