Chattanooga shooting

B

Boone25/06

I was there last night right before it happened. My family had to walk through a large group of probably 40-60 young black kids to get down sidewalk beside aquarium. They were grouped up in several smaller groups but in same block. They were standing on street corners smoking weed in open view and the last group we past said “They scared” talking about another group. We were prepared but uneasy with the abnormally large group and kept going and ended the night by going to hotel about a 2 blocks away. Friday night was completely different full of families and fun seemingly safe conditions. It was like a light switch was turned off between the 2 nights and when it went “Dark” and not meaning the light it was a totally different town. I got the feeling we were in Memphis last night instead of Chattanooga. Luckily the shooting took place 20mins after we were back to hotel and all we heard was sirens.

backyardtndeer

backyardtndeer

I was there last night right before it happened. My family had to walk through a large group of probably 40-60 young black kids to get down sidewalk beside aquarium. They were grouped up in several smaller groups but in same block. They were standing on street corners smoking weed in open view and the last group we past said “They scared” talking about another group. We were prepared but uneasy with the abnormally large group and kept going and ended the night by going to hotel about a 2 blocks away. Friday night was completely different full of families and fun seemingly safe conditions. It was like a light switch was turned off between the 2 nights and when it went “Dark” and not meaning the light it was a totally different town. I got the feeling we were in Memphis last night instead of Chattanooga. Luckily the shooting took place 20mins after we were back to hotel and all we heard was sirens.
Glad your family didn't caught up in that.
Sounds like gang thugs trying to kill each other. No surprise that it has not been mentioned in media.

Last edited:
WTM

WTM

Supporter
If you ONLY KNEW how often shootings happened in Chattanooga. Guess what Chattanooga’s money markers are?
That would be the tourist industry. That’s Chattanooga’s biggest draw and income. They will not report all the gang shootings or happenings.
yep 164 in 2021. it seems there are two sides to chattanooga. the one you hear about and the one you dont.

Kirk

Kirk

Certain areas of Chattanooga are just as dangerous as any major city. I worked 3rd shift in Chattanooga for several years (Many years ago) and saw the low life that is out at night. It was dangerous to go anywhere in the downtown area after mid night. I saw a robbery on Market Street one night as I was going in to work. I pulled up to a red light and just happened to look right and see a guy with shotgun robbing a little Hot Fish joint. A second guy was at the door looking right at me. I ran the red light and got the hell out of there.

S

sharpshooter

And here I was thinking about taking the family to the Aquarium and a Lookouts game sometime this summers just to get away for a night. Sounds like we may just keep our money closer to home and do something else.