Charlie Strong

farmin68

Re: Charlie Strong

Definitely. I was never in favor of hiring him. That doesn't make me smarter than the average fan, though. I thought Butch was a bad choice, too. . And thought Kiffen was a good choice. So, I'm batting .333.. :tu:

gator-n-buck

wayne":1u94ltfx said:
Tennessee dodged a bullet.

Not sure that UT dodged a bullet. Comparing Apple's and oranges....lol

Strong ventured out of his wheel house when he took the Texas job. During Strong's time at UF and Lou, nobody could out recruit him in So. Florida. Strong doesn't have those ties in Texas and hard to pull FL kids into the Longhorn State.

I believe Strong would of done a good job at UT... :)

gator-n-buck

PalsPal":14xcezj3 said:
TN definitely dodged a bullet. I may be wrong but I think Texas produces some pretty good players so why would he need FL kids lol?

You missed my point. The word "ties" was used and it takes having good networking to recruit an area. Strong had already developed good relationships with H.S. in So. Florida. My point had nothing to do with producing kids. There's a difference in producing kids and getting those kids to come to a school. Texas and FL are neck and neck when it comes to blue chip H.S. players but to bad it wasn't part of my debate..... :tu:

TreyB

gator-n-buck":245qb2zi said:
PalsPal":245qb2zi said:
TN definitely dodged a bullet. I may be wrong but I think Texas produces some pretty good players so why would he need FL kids lol?

You missed my point. The word "ties" was used and it takes having good networking to recruit an area. Strong had already developed good relationships with H.S. in So. Florida. My point had nothing to do with producing kids. There's a difference in producing kids and getting those kids to come to a school. Texas and FL are neck and neck when it comes to blue chip H.S. players but to bad it wasn't part of my debate..... :tu:

Ahhh Pal just like to stir. :stir: :tu:

gator-n-buck

TreyB":14s2vjk3 said:
gator-n-buck":14s2vjk3 said:
PalsPal":14s2vjk3 said:

Ahhh Pal just like to stir. :stir: :tu:

CBJ job is safe this weekend.... !! :D :tu:

gator-n-buck

PalsPal":xhhgvcs6 said:
So TN would have been in his "wheel house" :pop: ?

Yep... 40% of his roster at LOU were kids from FL. FL is a lot closer to TN than KY last time I checked. He would of been able to do the same or better at UT. He couldn't use his contacts to drag these same kids 20 hrs away to Texas. Let's face it, Coach Fulmer made a living pulling kids out of FL. Coach Fulmer's rosters would have more kids from FL than any other state including TN. No matter how good of coach you are, you got to have the players to win.... :)

If I was an AD and was going to hire a coach. One of the biggest things that I would want to know. Had that coach recruited that region before... :)

wayne

gator-n-buck":j0dj246e said:
PalsPal":j0dj246e said:
So TN would have been in his "wheel house" :pop: ?

Yep... 40% of his roster at LOU were kids from FL. FL is a lot closer to TN than KY last time I checked. He would of been able to do the same or better at UT. He couldn't use his contacts to drag these same kids 20 hrs away to Texas. Let's face it, Coach Fulmer made a living pulling kids out of FL. Coach Fulmer's rosters would have more kids from FL than any other state including TN. No matter how good of coach you are, you got to have the players to win.... :)

If I was an AD and was going to hire a coach. One of the biggest things that I would want to know. Had that coach recruited that region before... :)
Name 1 Fulmer team that had more players from FL than players from Tn.