duckriver

duckriver

Re: Char-Broil The Big Easy TRU-Infrared Oil-Less Turkey Fry

Watching this one, that's all my parents have asked for as a Christmas present

W

Wiley

Buy one. You will not regret it.

I've had one for years as have several of my friends. We all agree that it's a fine cooker and does it without gallons of expensive oil. Basically no cleanup as well. It'll do a turkey or multiple chickens that will be a little crisp on the outside and tender/moist inside. One of my friends did a rib roast in his and another has done fish and both said it was awesome. I have the small basket for mine and have done pork chops, pork steaks, etc and it's always mighty fine eatin!

On a side note, when I want baked potatoes with whatever I'm cooking in the Big Easy I turn the screen top upside down and put the foil wrapped taters up there. Works like a charm.

hillbillyfab

hillbillyfab

I was given one last year, but have only used it on whole chickens as of yet. Had plans on doing the Thanksgiving bird in it, but I'm spoiled after deep frying after all these years. I didn't want to spend the time the Big Easy was going to take versus deep frying. Directions called for 15 minutes a lb versus 3-4. I'm interested in hearing other's opinions on the Big Easy.

280longshot

280longshot

Just purchased one from recommendations from a coworker.
Putting it together now and going to cook a Turkey in a few days.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Pros- Very little clean up, no expensive oil, and can do ribs, chicken legs, various meats with the accessory rack.

280longshot

280longshot

I cooked a turkey in my new Char-Broil turkey cooker Sunday. I'll never mess with a deep fryer anymore, no expensive oil, no mess, just put it in and cook. It took 2 hours for a 12 lb turkey to reach 180 internal temp. I may try some chickens this weekend with the accessory rack. Highly recommend getting one.