Chapel hill albino

huntintn

http://www.local8now.com/content/news/A ... 75913.html
Anyone seen this
471541c971dd5e68e21e253c005b74b0.jpg

Sent from my LG-K371 using Tapatalk

TNGunsmoke

2-Step Enabled
Even if it's legal, I'm not sure I would shoot one with anything other than a camera. Seems like I remember it being bad luck to kill one as they are sacred animals to Native American peoples. They sure are pretty to watch though.

Mike Belt

I can't tell by those pics if he's a true albino or just a white deer. In either case he's sporting a bigger rack than most deer that color.

Hollar Hunter

Chapel Hill for some reason seems to have quite a few albino. I've seen them in that area for the last 15+ years. The albino buck in grassland I seen for 4-5 yrs was a great buck easy 140's

TNGunsmoke

2-Step Enabled
Mike Belt":2wfpyo3y said:
I can't tell by those pics if he's a true albino or just a white deer. In either case he's sporting a bigger rack than most deer that color.

TWRA says that it is a true albino on their FB page.

ImThere

It's a true albino A guy at work hunts across the street and has seen it from a ground blind on occasion. I've seen a lot of pics of this deer. Absolutely beautiful.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TNGunsmoke

2-Step Enabled
Mike Belt":1mpp1sfi said:
Confusing... Would the pink eyes denote it as an albino or the brown hair denote it as a piebald? An albinobald?

Brown on the head is from rubbing and the tarsal glands will get dark from them urinating on them, the pink eyes, nose, and hooves flag it as an albino, according to the FB post from TWRA.

catman529

Hollar Hunter":38q14263 said:
Chapel Hill for some reason seems to have quite a few albino. I've seen them in that area for the last 15+ years. The albino buck in grassland I seen for 4-5 yrs was a great buck easy 140's
I think that one was pushing 150

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

TNCharlie

bobbuck":3br4iz8e said:
Never understood why they protect a genetic flaw. That is a beautiful deer!

This comes up occasionally. I don't have a reference handy and may not remember the fine details. The gist of the story is that some years ago an albino deer was hanging around a state legislature's house. His wife thought that the deer was so pretty that she urged her husband to get a law passed that made the killing of an albino deer illegal.

A perfect example of "feel good" trumping (no pun intended) science fact.

Latest posts