Chain saws

Forvols

Forvols

Clean your chain saws.. my little 345 HUSQ been a work horse for years, finally broke it down tonight for a cleaning (after 2yrs of use and just sharpening the chain). Lord so much crap in there..wonder how the little guy turned the chain with out fail 1st or 2nd pull started ran and cut great.. thing is like seems 3-5lbs lighter now too..Well better break down the 460 also...

Os2 Outdoors

Os2 Outdoors

Pull out an clean between the coil an magneto whole your at it. Spacing between the two should be business card thickness.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

T

TNTreeman

Supporter
Grease the sprocket tip, clean air filter and bar groove so chain gets oil properly. If the bar edges are curled take a flat file and smooth the edges. Most important is use non ethanol gas.

Os2 Outdoors

Os2 Outdoors

TNTreeman":24erwnn0 said:
Grease the sprocket tip, clean air filter and bar groove so chain gets oil properly. If the bar edges are curled take a flat file and smooth the edges. Most important is use non ethanol gas.
That's daily maintenance here. No ethanol is huge though!!!

I like running 93 non ethanol for over kill

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Forvols

Forvols

Made it sound worse than I actually do. Saw had been cleaned, just not a good field dress strip down. So did it on the little guy, Cleared the bar oil holes, hit the bar with a flat file, got all the debris out, flipped the bar, new chain,, fuel filter, air filter removed plug and cleaned (still looked good and fires on the 1st or 2nd pull). Removed covers an just cleaned it up. Did the same for my 460Rancher, though not all was needed and my Stihl pole saw. BUT I got thinking the amount of money I have in these 3 items...yeah need to do this.