Cell Cams that take pics on demand?

TheLBLman

Which brand/make of cell cams currently have the capability to take pics on demand?

What I'm talking about is, say, right @ sundown, I just want a particular cell cam to take a pic WITHOUT being "triggered" by an animal (other than myself remotely).

As a similar aside, I often use the "field scan" feature of some non-cell cams.
Field scan is a feature (of some cams) that just periodically takes a picture WITHOUT anything needing to "trigger" the cam.

This allows one to "see" what may be well beyond the triggering range of the cam.
This can be useful in fields, clear-cuts, larger food plots, and even more open hardwoods & pines, bascially anywhere vision exceeds triggering range.

With today's cams having much finer images, larger antlered bucks can often be identified even at a couple hundred yards or more distance. But, unless something triggers your cam, you might never see what's in the distance.

"Field Scan" and/or the capability to remotely "trigger" a pic on demand
can sometimes be useful features of a trail cam.

Chiflyguy

Which brand/make of cell cams currently have the capability to take pics on demand?

What I'm talking about is, say, right @ sundown, I just want a particular cell cam to take a pic WITHOUT being "triggered" by an animal (other than myself remotely).

As a similar aside, I often use the "field scan" feature of some non-cell cams.
Field scan is a feature (of some cams) that just periodically takes a picture WITHOUT anything needing to "trigger" the cam.

This allows one to "see" what may be well beyond the triggering range of the cam.
This can be useful in fields, clear-cuts, larger food plots, and even more open hardwoods & pines, bascially anywhere vision exceeds triggering range.

With today's cams having much finer images, larger antlered bucks can often be identified even at a couple hundred yards or more distance. But, unless something triggers your cam, you might never see what's in the distance.

"Field Scan" and/or the capability to remotely "trigger" a pic on demand
can sometimes be useful features of a trail cam.
This pic took less than a minute to get.
Keep in mind I only have 1-2 bars on Verizon AND I'm 460 miles away

Attachments

• D4272F59-E2D7-48DB-859C-02EB550C3C52.png
    D4272F59-E2D7-48DB-859C-02EB550C3C52.png
    172.7 KB · Views: 45

Chiflyguy

Also when your neighbors want to have a little fun its great.

Attachments

• E641CD8B-3EA2-4FBE-8055-0675159737B7.jpeg
    E641CD8B-3EA2-4FBE-8055-0675159737B7.jpeg
    56.9 KB · Views: 46

Chiflyguy

It's even funny when your neighbors who cut your hay are surprised when they see the camera and are convinced you're a Yankee Commie Spy.

Attachments

• 246E5D0B-C84C-4333-A656-AAAF39C9863F.jpeg
    246E5D0B-C84C-4333-A656-AAAF39C9863F.jpeg
    48.3 KB · Views: 50

Latest posts