Cell camera question

peytoncreekhunter

Does a single cell plan cover more than one cell camera or is it one plan to a single camera and another plan to a 2nd camera? In other words does a 1000 picture plan cover just one camera or will it cover like 3 cameras up to 1000 pictures?

I'm new to this and have no idea how the plans work.

cbhunter

Supporter
I can only speak for Tactacam but you have to buy separate plans for each camera. They do give you a small discount on the additional plans.

Andy S.

All plans are somewhat different, but generally speaking, each camera is added at a small monthly discount compared to the original camera. The good news is you can turn each camera’s data plan (ability to send pics to your app or phone) on/off as you see fit, while not affecting the other cameras.

peytoncreekhunter

Great info, thanks.

Another question.... when you sign up with a camera do you "register" that camera somehow. Does the camera have a number you punch in?

Andy S.

Generally speaking, and assuming you have less than five cameras deployed, the cost of most monthly data plans are offset with ONE trip to check your SD card, assuming the camera isn’t in your back yard (short distance, just a few minutes of your time).

Andy S.

You register it with manufacturer for warranty, but I have never seen, read or heard of registering a phone number of sorts. They all come with a SIM card that allows them to connect to network and send photos.

cbhunter

Supporter
Side note…. I see that covert offers a $849 plan for 1 million pictures a year or unlimited for $249. That’s a head scratcher. I cannot imagine a camera taking 1 million photos in its lifetime much less in a year.
The link below shows each cell cams packages and costs.

Attachments

You don't have permission to view attachments. Attachments are hidden.

Andy S.

^^^ I wonder if that is $849 for a million pics across all the Covert cameras one has, but you have to add a one time $60 fee annually for each camera you add to the plan. This is not my pic, but suspect the high image count plans appeal to end users such as the guy below. He has 12 Reveals deployed not seen in this pic, and plans to deploy these soon. Suspect his image transmission county is extremely high, compared to most.

Attachments

cbhunter

Supporter
^^^ I wonder if that is $849 for a million pics across all the Covert cameras one has, but you have to add a one time $60 fee annually for each camera you add to the plan. This is not my pic, but suspect the high image count plans appeal to end users such as the guy below. He has 12 Reveals deployed not seen in this pic, and plans to deploy these soon. Suspect his image transmission county is extremely high, compared to most.

Bout the only thing that would make sense

Jcalder

Supporter
For spypoint each camera has its own plan. And each camera has its own serial number. There’s a way to lock them up if stolen but I think it’s up to spypoint and you proving that they were stole. I’ve had decent luck with spypoint, I own 3, but not sure that I won’t look elsewhere when it’s time for new ones.