Caught a good one

RUGER

2-Step Enabled
Not a fish but a deal.

Buddy at work and I had a conversation.

Know anyone that needs some 6 1/2 & 7' bass pro extreme rods with baitcasters on them?
Hmmm, yeah me. Why?
Well so and so is having a yard sale and I bought about $500 worth of lures and soft baits yesterday for $100.
Wow.
I didn't need any rods so I didn't mess with them but they looked like they were in great shape.
Hmmm.

Then my plant manager and I had a conversation.
Hey dude, you friends with the guy having that yard sale?
Yep.
Think he still has those rods?
I am sure, come on we will run over there right now.
Ok.

Haven't gone through all of them yet but I do know there were 5 brand new looking 7 foot bass pro rods in the bunch.
All of them had old quantam bait casters on them, but they looked like they were in good shape.
All total there were 12 rods and all but 2 had reels on them.

I figure $75 was a fair price. :D
Gonna go through it all when I get home.
hee hee

cbhunter

WOW. I know a lot of people don't think much of quantum reels but I tell you what, i had one for YEARS that outlasted MANY brand new (medium priced) reels i purchased. i could always count on that reel to keep performing no matter what. on the other hand, i have used a couple quantums that i wouldn't give you a 10 bucks for. i guess there is good and bad in all!

RUGER

2-Step Enabled
There were 7 bass pro rods.
6 were 7 foot heavy action with the "humback" grips. I love those rods !
1 was a 6 1/2 foot medium action.

All but two of the rigs are perfectly fine.
One, I could give or take and the last is an OLD rod that the guy said was the first one piece graphite rod ever made? Dunno.

Lucked out for sure.

bigluresonly

Good deal Ruger! Hard to beat their lifetime warranty as well. Every time I have broken a bass pro rod I have exchanged it with no receipt- hassle free.

RUGER

2-Step Enabled
bigluresonly":msbl1ylz said:
Good deal Ruger! Hard to beat their lifetime warranty as well. Every time I have broken a bass pro rod I have exchanged it with no receipt- hassle free.

Oh really ??????

I had no idea about that.
I broke the very first one I ever bought.
I was hung up and was real close to it and just applied pressure like I was fighting a fish to ease the boat towards it, VERY little pressure and it snapped.

The last one, man picked it up out of the boat by grabbing and pulling on the little end. :bash: SNAP !!

Might carry that one to Memphis with me next week and see what I can do with it. :D

Latest posts