2-Step Enabled
I didn't but I heard that 4 guys did.

That is like 360 over the limit.

Wonder what the fine for that will be?

Turds, you heard anything about this?

Cuttin Caller

Staff member
I copied this of Doug's page.

Doug Note: Just a short note to let you know that I will have an article tomorrow or Friday posted here and on the Region II FB page about four men caught Tuesday with 360 white bass OVER THE LIMIT----that's a total of 420 fish. They were caught by Wildlife Officer Brad Bagwell. More to come on this soon. Want everyone to know that TWRA keeps an eye below that dam and yesterday perhaps it will help remove a few folks who don't think the law is for them.

vanleerbuckbuster

anybody know if they was in a boat or on the bank? i live about 10 minutes away from the dam, and fish there a few days a week after work. i've only caught 1 white bass so far. also does anyone know if it was the cheatham or dickson side?

RUGER

2-Step Enabled
easy45 said:
I would love to know what the fine will be

I would love to know that as well as, were they in this country legally and whether or not they have to pay ANYTHING.

Gonna do my best to keep track of it.

Mudbone

I wonder how long it took to catch that many? I guess when they are biting like that, about 840 minutes if u can keep the pace. That is a lot of fish!! I hope the twra makes an example of them.

WMAn

This is on Doug Markham's FaceBook Page:

Wildlife officers commonly issue citations to people who keep more fish than legally allowed, but on Tuesday the Tennessee Wildlife Resources Agency charged four adult men with the possession of 90 fish above a long-established creel limit.
�That was 90 fish over and above the limit for each of them,� noted arresting Wildlife Officer Brad Bagwell. �The most they could have had in their total possession was 60�or 15 white bass per person-- but they had a total of 420 when they finally quit fishing.�

Also known by many anglers as stripe, this is the time of year when white bass prepare to spawn and school in rivers where eddying current creates ideal habitat for them. Experienced anglers take advantage of this late winter run in the tail-waters below Cumberland River dams.

�Part of the idea of establishing creel limits is to help spread out the amount of fish available to everyone,� noted Bagwell. �This was a lot of white bass that could have been enjoyed by others whether as table fare or just to catch and release.�
The four men, all with Nashville addresses, are set to appear in Cheatham County General Session Court April 24 for a preliminary hearing. Khamnovan Keomanychanh, 60, Kongkham Phenevongsa, 68, So Akhom, 70, and Phay Souksavong, 78, will each face charges of exceeding the daily creel limit six times.

�When I saw how many fish there were, I had the four suspects help separate them into piles of 10 fish each,� said Bagwell. �When we got all them separated there were 42 piles and that came out to 90 fish over the limit per man.�

Bagwell and assisting officers Major Cape Taylor and Wildlife Officer Eric Tummins�called by Bagwell to provide backup--confiscated as evidence ten fishing rods and reels, and the 360 white bass in excess of the legal limit.

�Sometimes we have problems with people illegally netting game fish, � said Bagwell, �but everyone of these white bass were caught in day with rod, reels, and artificial tackle.�

You can see a picture here: https://www.facebook.com/dougmarkhamoutdoors

Latest posts