Catoosa early muzzy hunt

Carlos

Good Luck to all of you guys!!

I drove in at 0440 and there were already 5 or 6 trucks parked. (They'd already unloaded and gone to their stands.) RN it's 0605 and still pitch black outside.

I never liked to get in the stand more then 20-30 mins before daylight. It just makes me more sleepy, waiting in the dark for that long.

Just heard a huge tree fall in the distance, be careful guys, it's awful windy.

Carlos

Live from the stand....

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211028-063232_Photos.jpg
    Screenshot_20211028-063232_Photos.jpg
    44.1 KB · Views: 79

Ladys man

I'm at work today and hopefully wind will calm down tomorrow and Saturday. Not sure if my redneck engineered umbrella will hold to the wind lol

Good luck

Carlos

I'm at work today and hopefully wind will calm down tomorrow and Saturday. Not sure if my redneck engineered umbrella will hold to the wind lol

Good luck
Grab yourself one from Dunham's, they're $20, worth every bit of that sir.

Hey, if someone's at their computer and has time, let's start a PM including everybody who's replied to this post.

We can share our numbers and communicate in case anyone needs help or just update each other on what's happening.

Carlos

I'm at the house north of Catoosa and can't imagine being in a tree right now with this wind! Good luck all.
I was hoping it would lighten up, seems to be getting worse.

I wonder if the deer/hogs will move with 15-20mph gusts?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211028-104321_AccuWeather.jpg
    Screenshot_20211028-104321_AccuWeather.jpg
    66 KB · Views: 39

Carlos

I climbed down and headed home at 12. The harvest report shows 4 have been checked in today, so y'all didn't miss much.

flankston

Grab yourself one from Dunham's, they're $20, worth every bit of that sir.

Hey, if someone's at their computer and has time, let's start a PM including everybody who's replied to this post.

We can share our numbers and communicate in case anyone needs help or just update each other on what's happening.
That is a good idea

HuntnFishEastTN

If i go it will be saturday, im just going in on the ground. Deer were on there hooves this evening though. Seen 6 out in the fields here at the house. Only live bout 15 min from bi color

Rancocas

What do you mean by "muzzy" hunting. If you are talking about one of those new-fangled abominable in-line things then I have nothing to say.
I hunt with a real muzzleloader, a flintlock. In light rain I use a "cow's knee" to cover the lock. It is simply a water proofed leather hood that I made to fit over the entire lock. I also try to keep the barrel pointed down and the lock under my arm.
In a hard rain I usually wear a poncho that not only covers me, but my fusil as well.
I can't say that I've never had a problem, but I usually do not. I even hunted for three days in rain once in northern Michigan. I changed the powder in the pan often, but did not change the main charge for those three days. At the end I fired the gun and it went off as expected.

Carlos

I know the feelin, lots of guys that used to hunt with me have pretty much quit for various reasons. I'm one of those who's always gonna hunt. Even when I get old and feeble someday, hopefully 50 years from now, I'll still find a way to get after em.

Latest posts