Catching a Fox or Coyote

Carlos

I've caught a couple of foxes that had been taking ours last year. I made a dirt-hole set, and placed a few chicken feathers in the hole.
They aren't hard to set, and can be a lot of fun.

TNGRIZZLY_

2-Step Enabled
Carlos":3b9cq3s5 said:
I've caught a couple of foxes that had been taking ours last year. I made a dirt-hole set, and placed a few chicken feathers in the hole.
They aren't hard to set, and can be a lot of fun.
Explain how?

Carlos

There are some very helpful YouTube videos on setting them.

Basically, you dig a hole, just deep enough to set the foot hold trap 1/2" below ground level. Then its covered with dirt, carefully, so that the trap trigger will still operate. [I always use rubber jawed traps, this way if I unintentionally catch someone's pet, I can release them without any harm.]
Then the trapper digs a small, tunnel-like hole to make it look as if an animal has stashed something for later. The curiosity of the critter takes over, and it's usually all wrapped up from there.

Here's a good tutorial page. Good luck to you!!

Dirt Hole Set - Trapping Fox And Coyotes
https://www.trap-anything.com/dirt-hole-set.html

TNGRIZZLY_

2-Step Enabled
Carlos":2l2ewhqm said:
There are some very helpful YouTube videos on setting them.

Basically, you dig a hole, just deep enough to set the foot hold trap 1/2" below ground level. Then its covered with dirt, carefully, so that the trap trigger will still operate. [I always use rubber jawed traps, this way if I unintentionally catch someone's pet, I can release them without any harm.]
Then the trapper digs a small, tunnel-like hole to make it look as if an animal has stashed something for later. The curiosity of the critter takes over, and it's usually all wrapped up from there.

Here's a good tutorial page. Good luck to you!!

Thanks, I will read and study more on this

Dirt Hole Set - Trapping Fox And Coyotes
https://www.trap-anything.com/dirt-hole-set.html

Latest posts