Catch of a lifetime

chimneyman

Been recovering for past 2 months from elbow surgery but couldn't wait any longer. So decided to go troll and see if I could catch some walleyes. First hour all I caught was about a 10 lb Drum. Later on one rod bent double,when I picked it up I knew it wasn't a walleye but figured it was another Drum or one of Gasman's pet. It didn't take long to know whatever it was was BIG only way I could gain line was to pump and reel once I got it close to the boat I would raise it up then it would go back to the bottom taking drag. I figured I had snagged a catfish by then but didn't want to cut my line since I had a 12.00 plug on. Finally after about a 15-20 minute fight i got it close to the boat to see it. It was a damn Rock about the size of a football one of the treble hooks had found a crack in the rock and hooked it good

rsimms

Been recovering for past 2 months from elbow surgery but couldn't wait any longer. So decided to go troll and see if I could catch some walleyes. First hour all I caught was about a 10 lb Drum. Later on one rod bent double,when I picked it up I knew it wasn't a walleye but figured it was another Drum or one of Gasman's pet. It didn't take long to know whatever it was was BIG only way I could gain line was to pump and reel once I got it close to the boat I would raise it up then it would go back to the bottom taking drag. I figured I had snagged a catfish by then but didn't want to cut my line since I had a 12.00 plug on. Finally after about a 15-20 minute fight i got it close to the boat to see it. It was a damn Rock about the size of a football one of the treble hooks had found a crack in the rock and hooked it good
Without pictures, it didn't happen. :)

FLTENNHUNTER1

I seriously thought he snagged a big walleye… then had to think whether or not a "rock" was short for some type of fish then realized it was a rock…had me hook line and sinker!

Latest posts