Carpenter Bees

preds1

Been looking into how to ged rid of them.
Best thing I've seen is bee spray and fill the holes they burrowed into the logs.

Any better options you guys know of?

Brisco Darlin

i use a badminton raquet. them stupid things have ruined my deck. I've tried everything and found them the other day boring into the rafters.

in the dog house

The one with the yellow dot on its head can't sting you ( I believe its the female ) The solid black head will light you up!!!! Won many a bet on catching the female with my hand :D

woodchuckc

Go to youtube and type in "carpenter bee traps". There are quite a few videos showing different designs of traps that you can hang up to collect the vermin.

It is not as much fun as a tennis / badminton racquet, but it is on duty all day long.

BlackBelt

I really do use a badmitton racquet and whack em hard. Ive learned to go step on them afterwards though or they will sometimes get up and fly away. Its actually good exercise.

Camp David

Badmitton racket is great sport. You kill the dumb ones first. Some actually seem to get smart. Takes forever to wipe them out and even when you think you have, they come back the next year.