• Help Support TNDeer:

Car Battery

backyardtndeer

Most are johnson control. Walmart maxx batteries are johnson control. Have had them last longer than the factory delco batteries. They give a 3 year replacement and 5 year pro rated.

cbhunter

Supporter
Honestly the last couple I have bought have been the reconditioned ones at Walmart. Ain’t bought one in a few years. 50-60 bucks if they have what you need.

Tnshooter15

I use interstate batteries. I buy the blems for my work trucks and the good ones for my personal truck. The blems seem to work just as good and are a third of price

Pic IN the Casa

FWIW, Interstate is a good company and morally sound.

At least they used to be. Read an article about their story once.

TNTreeman

I have about 10 trucks, multiple chippers , stump grinders, tractors, and a dozer. I am regularly buying batteries. Battery Sales and Service on Polk Ave in Nashville has the best , cheapest batteries I could find. My f250 has had their batteries in them for 5 yrs. They are a wholesale place and very good customer service. 615-255-7212. You can get used batteries there too for like $40 but I have never gotten them. I bought two for my dodge awhile back and they were like $110 each.

Wildcat

In the last 20 years, I've bought the best batteries Auto Zone had and they lasted longer than I thought. The reason was no matter where I was going there was an Auto Zone nearby and if one was to go out while still under warranty all I had to do was pull in an Auto Zone for a quick replacement. That's what I'm still using in my trucks.

Snake

Supporter
In the last 20 years, I've bought the best batteries Auto Zone had and they lasted longer than I thought. The reason was no matter where I was going there was an Auto Zone nearby and if one was to go out while still under warranty all I had to do was pull in an Auto Zone for a quick replacement. That's what I'm still using in my trucks.
Most my auto stuff I buy from Autozone and I know the manager very well , their warranties can't be beat as far as I'm concerned (did I say I knew the manger).;)

Hunter 257W

If I'm not mistaken Advanced Auto no longer pro-rates their batteries if they fail while under warranty. Now you get a free battery if even 1 day is left in the warranty period. Hard to beat that.

BlackBelt

It's hard to beat Autozone when it comes to batteries. They replaced two for me for free under their warranty system even though it was my Lexus that was killing them.

I figured they would replace it the first time, but when they did it the 2nd time for free with a week to go on their warranty I was shocked.

I sold the Lexus. It was a nice car but the on-going electrical issues were driving me nuts. Im a decent hobbyist shadetree mechanic and couldn't figure it out. Took it to the dealership three times over two years and they couldn't figure it out either.
I told the guy that bought it about the electrical issues and he bought it anyway.

Anyway, Autozone was great about the batteries even though it was my cars fault.

I have a Dodge Charger with the police package. It requires a special $300 battery. Autozone, Napa and O'Reillys do not carry that battery. They are only available locally at Adavanced Automotive. Those batteries are badged as Advanced Auto, but I don't know who actually makes them for Advanced. They are great long-lasting batteries. If I had to guess I would say they are probably Interstate batteries, but I may be wrong.

Rabbitkil

It's hard to beat Autozone when it comes to batteries. They replaced two for me for free under their warranty system even though it was my Lexus that was killing them.

I figured they would replace it the first time, but when they did it the 2nd time for free with a week to go on their warranty I was shocked.

I sold the Lexus. It was a nice car but the on-going electrical issues were driving me nuts. Im a decent hobbyist shadetree mechanic and couldn't figure it out. Took it to the dealership three times over two years and they couldn't figure it out either.
I told the guy that bought it about the electrical issues and he bought it anyway.

Anyway, Autozone was great about the batteries even though it was my cars fault.

I have a Dodge Charger with the police package. It requires a special $300 battery. Autozone, Napa and O'Reillys do not carry that battery. They are only available locally at Adavanced Automotive. Those batteries are badged as Advanced Auto, but I don't know who actually makes them for Advanced. They are great long-lasting batteries. If I had to guess I would say they are probably Interstate batteries, but I may be wrong.
News to me about the special batteries we just have put whatever parts store battery is near on the pursuit chargers

Remington700

I have gotten Auto Zone Duralast batteries here lately. A little reading told me they are basically the old Sears Die Hard battery. These have always served me well.

Wiley

I had a Craig battery once upon a time (probably 30 years ago) that lasted for years. So long actually that I can't remember what became of it. It was the only Craig battery that I've ever had and was told that they made batteries for most brand names.

Latest posts