can't see anymore

Slaughter-06

my eyesight has gotten so bad I can't see at arm's length. how does someone cope with vision loss when working on guns and such?
I can't see open sites anymore either.

PillsburyDoughboy

I think u need to consult a vision expert that is also a firearms guy . I knew a guy that was in your situation years ago and he was able to get corrective lens with 180 degree field of view for shooting .

as far as working on stuff you can get magnifying glasses that are lighted to work on stuff . Sorta in the same boat there .
I have to have them for working on small stuff and solder jobs .
Optics for all things bow and MZ are a must

WTM

you need glasses. either custom shooting glasses from an optometrist or a large pair of drug store readers thats half of what you need for reading. i wear progressives and get by riding them farther up my nose. it keeps me from tilting my head back. for rifles, its peep sights or glass optics.

DaveB

If you need a regular Optometrist, they are everywhere and YES some are not so good so be very careful.
One very nearly killed me. Not kidding, exercise your best judgement.

If you need an Ophthalmologist, see what you can do to get in to Hamilton Eye Institute here in Shelby County. They are among the very best, I have names if you need them.

If you have a cataract problem, HEI is a great local spot. If you have some spare coin, Dr. Waite is a freaking Wizard, very highly recommended

Latest posts