camping with dutch oven - cooking

RUGER

2-Step Enabled
Unless you been around a while this won't mean much but....

Eland's peach cobbler at LBL. :shock: :super: :smash:

woodyard

Peach cobbler is pretty good in one. Pineapple upside down cake is too.It has been a long time since I did that , probably have to find the recipe, I sure can't remember it.

JimFromTN

I am glad someone finally put something on here that wasn't a dessert. As a kid, my parents would take the family (5 kids) out to go fishing and camping on a bank somewhere, usually an island on percy priest. My father had a 1958 runabout in a slip at Elm Hill Marina back in the 70's. We would fish with my father while my mother would sit up by the campfire cooking with the dutch oven and crocheting while the food was cooking. She used to make allot of pot roasts and stews. Basically, anything you can cook in a crock pot, you can cook in a dutch oven. We also used to wrap potatoes up in foil and pitch them in the fire. Last time I cooked in a dutch oven over a fire, I made a beef stew with stew meat, baby carrots, little potatoes, pearl onions, garlic, salt, pepper, beef stock, and some red wine. Turned out pretty good.

Sucarnochee

I need to get me another one. Best food I've ever eaten has been from a Dutch oven. Peach cobbler and turkey chilli was last thing I cooked before losing mine. Get you a Boy Scout Dutch oven cook buck. Hard to beat their old recipes

winchester77jj

Did a show ages ago at the original bonaroo( called itchykoo Park at the time) and we camped beside a guy called c.w. And he did demonstrations on camp cooking in a Dutch oven. He cooked everything you can imagine in one. His simple cobbler is fantastic.
2 cans of pie filling
One yellow cake mix
One 20 ounce 7up.

Pour the pie filling in and even cover with the cake mix. Once the coals are ready pour the 7up over the cake mix and put the lid on. 8-10 vials under and 10-12 coals on the top. Cook until you can smell the cobbler with the lid on. I was very surprised how good this was.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts